This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 1:46 AM by EJP RSS

Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue

user618018 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am using JRE 1.5 , jsf 1.2 , richfaces 3.3.3 and deployed in Tomcat 6.0.18. I am getting following error.

javax.servlet.ServletException: /allocator.xhtml @30,163 <rich:tree> Tag Library supports namespace: http://richfaces.org/rich, but no tag was defined for name: tree
     javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:321)

root cause

javax.faces.view.facelets.TagException: /allocator.xhtml @30,163 <rich:tree> Tag Library supports namespace: http://richfaces.org/rich, but no tag was defined for name: tree
     com.sun.faces.facelets.compiler.CompilationManager.pushTag(CompilationManager.java:289)
     com.sun.faces.facelets.compiler.SAXCompiler$CompilationHandler.startElement(SAXCompiler.java:228)
     com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
     com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
     com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
     com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
     com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
     com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration

Thanks,
BPradhan
  • 1. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    r035198x Pro
    Sounds more like a jar version problem. Which jars do you have in your lib?
  • 2. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    user618018 Newbie
    Yes, i am having jar problems. But not able to figure out which one is causing problem.

Here are my jars

commons-beanutils.jar
    commons-collections.jar
    commons-digester.jar
    commons-lang-2.4.jar
    commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
    commons-logging.jar
    commons-logging-adapters-1.1.1.jar
    commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar
    cssparser.jar
    guava-12.0.1.jar
    jcommon.jar
    jfreechart.jar
    jsf-api.jar
    jsf-impl.jar
    log4j-1.2.13.jar
    msbase.jar
    mssqlserver.jar
    msutil.jar
    richfaces-api-3.3.3.Final.jar
    richfaces-impl-3.3.3.Final.jar
    richfaces-ui-3.3.3.Final.jar
    sac.jar

Thanks,
    BPradhan
  • 3. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    r035198x Pro
    You seem to have the right richfaces jar. How are you deploying when you get this error? Are you perhaps using an IDE with it's own different version on richfaces jars?
  • 4. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    user618018 Newbie
    Yes, I am creating war file from eclipse itself. In the build path, jsf jars are added twice , one in mojarra libraries and one in Web app libraries. Removed mojarra library and it is now working. Thanks and appreciate your help.

Also, I have a question some how my war file is not auto deploying when I put war file in Tomcat server. I did other applications without jsf and richfaces and it auto deploys. Can you tell me what could be the reason ?
  • 5. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    user618018 Newbie
    I am still getting the same error. In my previous reply, I said the error got resolved but i didn't notice i commented those tags from xhtml files. when I uncomment the file , the error is still appearing.

My eclipse info...

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Indigo Service Release 2

Just an FYI, I started with jre 1.6 , jsf 2.0 , tomcat 6.0.18 and everything was working fine . Then I realize my prod environment is jre 1.5 , tomcat 6.0.18, so downgraded the versions for jsf, jdk, jre and got the error.

Thanks,
    BPradhan

Edited by: user618018 on Feb 1, 2013 2:21 PM
  • 6. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    EJP Guru
    In the build path, jsf jars are added twice , one in mojarra libraries and one in Web app libraries.
    Why? Recipe for disaster.
    Just an FYI, I started with jre 1.6 , jsf 2.0 , tomcat 6.0.18 and everything was working fine . Then I realize my prod environment is jre 1.5 , tomcat 6.0.18, so downgraded the versions for jsf, jdk, jre and got the error.
    So upgrade production.
  • 7. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    user618018 Newbie
    In my development box , I can use any version of jre, tomcat.

But, we have our department dev and prod server configured with jre 1.5 and tomcat 6.0.18

Some other applications are running in those environment with jre 1.5 and tomcat 6.0.18. I cannot upgrade just for new application.

when tomcat6 was downloaded in our department dev and prod server , they are installed with jre5. Subsequently servers are upgraded with jre6 but it seems like tomcat recognises jre5 not jre6. Let me know if i am wrong about jre version tomcat is trying to use.

Also, can you help me with the environment I have and problems i am encountering with jsf and richfaces.

Thanks,
    BPradhan

Edited by: user618018 on Feb 1, 2013 5:03 PM
  • 8. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    r035198x Pro
    Don't let an IDE decide which jars go into your application. Use a proper build tool like maven (it has eclipse tooling too) and be certain which jars and versions are deployed.
  • 9. Re: Jsf and richfaces version compatibility issue
    EJP Guru
    I cannot upgrade just for new application.
    You don't have any choice about it. The problem exists in the production configuration and not in the development configuration. QED.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points