This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 11:19 AM by BobFinan - Oracle RSS

How to change the log file path in BEA tuxedo 6.5 client in Windows xp

988258 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am using BEA Tuxedo 6.5 client in windows xp.

The log files are created in C:

Kindly help me in changing the log file path and also i want to know where these configurations are set.

Advance thanks !!!

Regards

Bunsim
  • 1. Re: How to change the log file path in BEA tuxedo 6.5 client in Windows xp
    BobFinan - Oracle Journeyer
    Hi,
    You probably are referring to the ULOGPFX environement variable. If you have not set it for your client
    it is probably set in the registry. By default on installation I bellieve it is set to "%TUXDIR%\ULOG"

Here is a good starting point for the Tuxedo 6.5 Workstation client documentation:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13203_01/tuxedo/tux65/index.htm

Regards,
    Bob Finan

Note:
    Tuxedo 6.5 has passed end-of-life support.
  • 2. Re: How to change the log file path in BEA tuxedo 6.5 client in Windows xp
    988258 Newbie
    Hi Bob,

Thanks alot for your reply.

Can you be more clear, in which location the the file to be modified exists aso that i could change the "%TUXDIR%\ULOG" to "%TUXDIR%\Tuxedo\ULOG".

Hoping a good reply from you.

Regards

Bunsim
  • 3. Re: How to change the log file path in BEA tuxedo 6.5 client in Windows xp
    BobFinan - Oracle Journeyer
    Hi Bunsim,
    ULOGPFX is an environment variable. Your client executable can set an environment variable as part of a startup script,
    it can be included in a file used by the client that is defined with WSENVFILE environment variable, it can be read in
    a file by the client executable after startup using the tuxreadenv() API, it can be set by the client using the tuxputenv() API,
    the profile for the user executing the client can have an environment variable defined, or the windows registry can include
    a definition for the environment variable(there is also an BEA applet on Windows for administration but I think not on client only installs).

WSNADDR is an environment variable that defines the address of the workstation listener that the client will connect to.
    Look for where your client defines WSNADDR and add, or modify,the ULOGPFX definition to meet your needs.

Regards,
    Bob

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points