This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 12:21 PM by jsmith RSS

JavaFX WebView  in loading URL from an untrusted certificate

user13425887 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I am working on JavaFX webview where I able to load reugular URL like www.google.com in the Webview but the website url that has untrusted certificate warning they are not loadinig in to the webview.

Can you let me know how can make the URL as trusted source and accept all the certificates in the webview. In the API of webview there is nothing related to certificates.

Thanks
Abhilash

Edited by: user13425887 on Feb 1, 2013 12:07 PM
  • 1. Re: JavaFX WebView  in loading URL from an untrusted certificate
    jsmith Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Can you let me know how can make the URL as trusted source and accept all the certificates in the webview.
    It's not really related to webview, it's related to configuration on the server serving the url and (if you are doing something non-standard like making use of self-signed certificates on the target server) configuration of the network trust layer in the java client.

Recommended solution is to purchase an SSL certificate from a certificate authority whose root certificates are in the standard javafx trust keystore and install your certificate and key on to the web server serving up the url in accordance with that server's ssl certificate installation instructions. Thawte (https://www.thawte.com) provides facilities for you to purchase such certificates and find installation instructions for many kinds of servers.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points