This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 2:22 PM by 520959 RSS

EAS unable to login

520959 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am unable to login into Essbase Admin Console.

Please note that my EAS server is up and running as I am able to launch the web launcher for EAS and get the login screen. The host name looks correct.

However when I try to login using admin/password it does not work? I get login failed message

Please advise, is there a separate configuration for EAS users or any known default ones?

Regards
Veena.
  • 1. Re: EAS unable to login
    PriyaPeravali Explorer
    Please provide the EAS logs and also the version of EAS.
  • 2. Re: EAS unable to login
    520959 Newbie
    EAS 11.1.2.1.00.321
  • 3. Re: EAS unable to login
    520959 Newbie
    I dont find the EAS log. Can you point me to the location?
  • 4. Re: EAS unable to login
    520959 Newbie
    As such, I couldnt find the log file.

Copying out the text in message console of EAS -
    com.essbase.eas.admin.defs.AdminCommands.GetUserList     January 31, 2013 1:10:33 PM PST     Session timeout     Failed : -1 Your session is not currently authenticated. Please log in.
    vrajago-lap.st-users.us.oracle.com:10082     January 31, 2013 1:10:53 PM PST     com.essbase.eas.admin.defs.AdminCommands.GetUserList     Failed : -1 Your session is not currently authenticated. Please log in.
         January 31, 2013 1:10:56 PM PST     com.essbase.eas.admin.defs.InteropCommands.GetHubProperties     Succeeded
    com.essbase.eas.admin.defs.AdminCommands.IsUserAdmin     January 31, 2013 1:10:56 PM PST     Session timeout     Failed : -1 Your session is not currently authenticated. Please log in.
  • 5. Re: EAS unable to login
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    If it is the web console then it could be down to using java7 and it needs to be java6
    Have a read of the following Oracle support doc "Session timeout Failed: -1 Your session is not currently authenticated. Please log in" in EAS Webconsole [ID 1470104.1]"

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 6. Re: EAS unable to login
    520959 Newbie
    Thanks for your reply John!

Even after un-installing Java 7 (from Add Remove programs) it shows the splash screen for Java 7.

Please can you give me the steps to install Java 6 explicility. Also can you give me the URL of the doc you mentioned in your post.

Thanks
    Veena
  • 7. Re: EAS unable to login
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    You should be able to run both versions, install JRE 6, which you should be able to get from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
    Once installed if you go to control panel > java > java > view > enable 1.6, disable 1.7

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 8. SOLVED: EAS unable to login
    520959 Newbie
    Hi John,

Thanks for the pointers. My issue is resolved.
    Putting it down for others benefit
    1) Made the java settings you pointed me to do
    2) admin/password did not work. However the admin user id worked. I used the password I choose for epm_admin during the EAS domain setup.

Regards
    Veena

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points