This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 8:56 AM by 971280 RSS

Oracle Reports Designer Group Above question

971280 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am very new to Oracle Reports Designer but I created a Group Above Report, and would like to be able to hide certain data and their labels based on a condition, for example, if fieldvalue - A display certain data but hide others, make them visible or invisible based on a condition. Is that possible? If so, any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
  • 1. Re: Oracle Reports Designer Group Above question
    HamidHelal Guru
    968277 wrote:
    I am very new to Oracle Reports Designer but I created a Group Above Report, and would like to be able to hide certain data and their labels based on a condition, for example, if fieldvalue - A display certain data but hide others, make them visible or invisible based on a condition. Is that possible? If so, any help would be much appreciated.
    Yes !! you can. But you need to provide few information at least when posting any question.
    What is your your report version ?

in general, select the data showing field and press F11 to go code editor and you will see
    begin
    return (true);
    end;
    Here write your condition and display it and hide it. same for labels. For exampe
    begin
    if condition ture
    return (true);
    else
    return (false);
    end if;
    end;
    Hope this works...

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 2. Re: Oracle Reports Designer Group Above question
    971280 Newbie
    Hello,
    My apologizes for not posting the version of Oracle Reports Builder it is 10.1.2.0.2 against Oracle 11g database. I will try your suggestion and see what happens, and will post results.
    Thank you.
  • 3. Re: Oracle Reports Designer Group Above question
    971280 Newbie
    That worked for me. Thank you.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points