This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 5:05 AM by Andreas Weiden RSS

forms 6i resolution issue

Munish Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have oracle forms developed in 6i, We developed them with 800 by 600 resolution.
Now some of our users are all buying wide-screen monitors and they have resolution of 1024 by 768 (I think)..
so now our forms looks small and lot of white space around our forms.

Is there any way for forms to auto-adjust? Is there a setting or something that can be done so that the forms can auto-adjust.

Thanks
Munish
  • 1. Re: forms 6i resolution issue
    HamidHelal Guru
    Munish wrote:
    Hi,

We have oracle forms developed in 6i, We developed them with 800 by 600 resolution.
    Now some of our users are all buying wide-screen monitors and they have resolution of 1024 by 768 (I think)..
    so now our forms looks small and lot of white space around our forms.

Is there any way for forms to auto-adjust? Is there a setting or something that can be done so that the forms can auto-adjust.
    Hi Munish
    So far i know, you can only adjust the window with the monitor screen. But item are remain as it is if you not set them programetically.

Hamid
  • 2. Re: forms 6i resolution issue
    Andreas Weiden Guru
    There are commercial tools which are capable of that, one i know of is Forms-API-Master.
  • 3. Re: forms 6i resolution issue
    988698 Newbie
    I think that you are not using OLBs for your forms applications, if you used that then you just modify the olb and recompile all foms and problem can be solved.

Another thing is if you used PLL and calling any procedure in when-new-form-instance then in that procedure you can adjust the width and height according to display_width and height properties.

if both of above option you didnt use then you have to create them for future convenience.
  • 4. Re: forms 6i resolution issue
    Andreas Weiden Guru
    How would an olb help to adjust item-positions? And "programming" x- and y-position in a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE-trigger doesn't seem to be an elegant option to me either..

Edited by: Andreas Weiden on 02.02.2013 14:05

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points