This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 8:48 AM by asgy RSS

R12 Payments Manager grouping invoices

asgy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I am new to the forums and I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered before. I searched the site and couldn't find anything on this same topic.

We just recently implemented Payments Manager and today we made our first attempt at printing checks for a group of suppliers (we used to generate and print checks individually). What we didn't realize before, is the Payments Manager application groups all invoices of a specific supplier under one huge payment, then prints only one check per supplier. Do any of you know if it is possible to have one check per invoice instead of just one check per payment? Are we missing a setting somewhere?

Thank you in advance,
Astrid

Edited by: 985654 on Feb 1, 2013 5:01 PM
  • 1. Re: R12 Payments Manager grouping invoices
    Ivruksha Pro
    Hi Astrid,

You have missed out on the configuration .......It is possible to make one check per invoice ..
    the feature is called PAY ALONE .... which means system would not group the invoices for a single supplier and cut a single check, it

will create individual checks for every invoice ..for that supplier ....
    If you want this to be done for all suppliers, then you have to make this configuration at the supplier site level ..... if you want this to be

done for selected invoices, then you have to do this at the time for Invoice entry ....

The steps for Supplier site level is ,

Switch to your Payables Responsibility
    Navigate to Suppliers > Entry
    Query for an existing Supplier
    In the left pane, select PAYMENT DETAILS
    Select Payment Specifications TAB in the Paymen Attributes region
    Select the Checkbox "Pay Each Document Alone"

If you have multiple supplier sites, you are to perform the same for every supplier site .....

The steps for Invoice Level is,
    Switch to your Payables Responsibility
    Navigate to Invoices > Entry > Invoices
    Query an existing Invoice
    Click FOLDER Menu and select SHOW FIELD...
    In the pop up, select "Pay Alone" field...
    Whenever you create an invoice, select this option , so that these invoices would not be grouped under a single check, it would have a separate check ...

Also remember if you have performed this configuration at site level, it would default to every invoice, however do make sure with a test case and confirm before making any change on the production environment ....

Regards,
    Ivruksha
  • 2. Re: R12 Payments Manager grouping invoices
    asgy Newbie
    Thank you so much Ivruksha!

I will try this out today. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points