This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 6:23 AM by 985927 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    985927 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Eyad>lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 02:45:22

Copyright (c) 1991, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
    TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
    TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
    TNS-00511: No listener
    64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory
    Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521)))
    64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\Eyad>lsnrctl service

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 02:46:02

• 16. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    sb92075 Guru
    user5385519 wrote:

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 02:45:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 02:46:02

What happened?
    Previously the listener was running OK
    C:\>lsnrctl status
    LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 30-JAN-2013 11:16:21
    issue the following OS commands

lsnrctl start
    lsnrctl status
    --wait 1 minute
    lsnrctl service

COPY results then PASTE all back here
  • 17. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    985927 Newbie

C:\Users\Eyad>lsnrctl start

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 18:50:12

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
    System parameter file is d:\OracleDB\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora
    Log messages written to d:\oracledb\diag\tnslsnr\Eyad-VAIO\listener\alert\log.xml
    Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))
    Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
    TNS-01155: Incorrectly specified SID_LIST_LISTENER parameter in LISTENER.ORA
    NL-00303: syntax error in NV string

Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 18:50:38

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 18:53:11

• 18. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    sb92075 Guru
    user5385519 wrote:

C:\Users\Eyad>lsnrctl start

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 02-FEB-2013 18:50:12

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
    System parameter file is d:\OracleDB\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora
    Log messages written to d:\oracledb\diag\tnslsnr\Eyad-VAIO\listener\alert\log.xml
    Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))
    Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
    TNS-01155: Incorrectly specified SID_LIST_LISTENER parameter in LISTENER.ORA
    NL-00303: syntax error in NV string

Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...
    listener.ora file content is malformed

no listener.ora file is required to start the listener.
    move, remove, delete, or rename listener.ora file prior to trying to start the listener again, again
  • 19. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    985927 Newbie
    Thank you very much.

1. when I do it the problem solved and when I use Oracle Net Configuration Assistant and use the test " Connecting...Test successful. " but when I go to Oracle Form to connect to the Database give error " ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

and when use Oracle Net Configuration Assistant to test it

" Connecting...ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
    The test did not succeed.

Some of the information you provided may be incorrect.
    Click Back to review the information provided for net service name, or Change Login to change username. "

2. if I want to run Oracle 11g form How can i run it without OC4J???
  • 20. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    EdStevens Guru
    user5385519 wrote:
    Thank you very much.

1. when I do it the problem solved and when I use Oracle Net Configuration Assistant and use the test " Connecting...Test successful. " but when I go to Oracle Form to connect to the Database give error " ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specified"
    And we are back to where we started. So, once again it is obvious from the above statement that Oracle Form is not using the same tnsnames as is netca. I'm not familiar with forms. Could it be using jdbc, in which case the nameing configuration is different.

Oracle is too dumb to lie about this. If it told you that the username/password were invalid, then you can rest assured of TWO things:
    1) the username/password you supplied were invalid for the database you were connecting to.
    2) You DID reach a database. If you had not reached a database, username credentials would never have been tested.
    >
    If you haven't noticed, I'm the guy that wrote the links SB keeps trying to get you to read. I can assure you that none of the information he provided is incorrect.
    Click Back to review the information provided for net service name, or Change Login to change username. "

That would be a question for the [url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=82]Forms forum.
  • 21. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    sb92075 Guru
    user5385519 wrote:

Please post reproducible test case that proves statement above has any validity.
  • 22. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    Mark Williams-Oracle Employee ACE
    sb92075 wrote:
    user5385519 wrote:

Please post reproducible test case that proves statement above has any validity.
    The text "Some of the information you provided may be incorrect." is quoted output from the Net Configuration Assistant.

I don't believe the poster is questioning either your or Ed's statements.
  • 23. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    EdStevens Guru
    Mark Williams wrote:
    sb92075 wrote:
    user5385519 wrote:

The text "Some of the information you provided may be incorrect." is quoted output from the Net Configuration Assistant.

I don't believe the poster is questioning either your or Ed's statements.
    I believe you are correct. I just deliberately created a failed test in netca. Response was
    Connecting...ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Click Back to review the information provided for net service name, or Change Login to change username. 
    Thanks for pointing out the 'alternate' and ultimately correct reading of what the OP posted.

To the OP .. this highlights the importance of using the \
     tags to enclose code and messages, just as I did above.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
  • 24. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    yoonas Expert
    Hi,

I think your forms installation is not configured properly yet to connect to database.

Try to connect from sqlplus in forms_home with the service name, if you can connect to database from there you will be able to connect using forms also.

Do you have netconfiguration manager in you forms installation, you can use it to add a tns entry for your database

Can you post your tnsnames.ora content from $ORACLE_INSTANCE/config

Please see the thread {thread:id=1091615}

Regards
    Yoonas
  • 25. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    sb92075 Guru
    user5385519 wrote:
    Thank you very much.

Forms has its own ORACLE_HOME which is different & distinct from the database ORACLE_HOME.

have you tried doing OS copy of the tnsnames.ora file from the directory that works to the one that fails?
  • 26. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    985927 Newbie
    this the tnsnames.ora

{
    # tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: d:\OracleDB\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
    # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

ORCL =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
    )
    )

}
  • 27. Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
    985927 Newbie
    Thanks all the problem solved. the answer in this Oracle Forms 11g - ORA-12154: TNS error.

we must copy the tnsnames.ora from D:\OracleDB\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN

to D:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config

thanks all ...
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points