This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 2:46 AM by EBSDBA RSS

DATABASE CLONE

982874 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am cloning a database, i need to deliver it by evening. please guide me to create a clone and deliver it in specified time.

first i have copied the pfile from production then i edited and started the database in no mount state
Then i have restored the control file and started the database in mount state and started the restore script. now restore is going on, the restore script which i kept is below.
we have created the same locations for datafile as like in production.

run
{
allocate channel ch1 device type disk;
allocate channel ch2 device type disk;
allocate channel ch3 device type disk;
restore database;
release channel ch1;
release channel ch2;
release channel ch3;
}

please tell us after restore what we need to do.

Listener service is not up now, please tell me how to make the listener service up..

Regards
Rajesh Thalapaneni
  • 1. Re: DATABASE CLONE
    982874 Newbie
    Hi,

Restore will complete in another 10 min, please tell how to proceed further..

Regards
    Rajesh Thalapaneni
  • 2. Re: DATABASE CLONE
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,
    Did u run pre clone on source before copying oracle home?
    If you didnt you may have to do the whole process again.

To start The listener, you have to run

Edit the listener.ora on target and change all the properties like listener namE, host, ip etc as per source
    $adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack and configure target oracle home

Thanks
  • 3. Re: DATABASE CLONE
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,

You may also see
    http://oracleerpappsguide.blogspot.com/2012/07/r12-clone-using-rman-method.html?m=1

Thanks
  • 4. Re: DATABASE CLONE
    982874 Newbie
    Hi,

We have created a new server and installed the 11g software, we are cloning the database using the home which i got from the newly installed software.. We are not
    using the PRODUCTION home.
    It is Only database clone, please tell the location of adcfgclone.pl TechStack script..
    I think it is not required to run the preclone as we are using the new oracle home which we got from the oracle installed software..

Regards
    Rajesh Thalapaneni
  • 5. Re: DATABASE CLONE
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,
    It is Only database clone, please tell the location of adcfgclone.pl TechStack script..
    If you installed ORACLE_HOME from the 11g installation media, then you will not find adcfgclone.pl script.
    But if you had pre clone on production you would find it in $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/<context_name>
    I think it is not required to run the preclone as we are using the new oracle home which we got from the oracle installed software..
    If you are using this database as a stand alone database and not going to clone application for this database, then you do not need to run preclone.

Thanks
  • 6. Re: DATABASE CLONE
    982874 Newbie
    Hi,

1 : If you installed ORACLE_HOME from the 11g installation media, then you will not find adcfgclone.pl script.
    But if you had pre clone on production you would find it in $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/<context_name>

In Production also we do not have the location as "$ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/<context_name>"

2 : If you are using this database as a stand alone database and not going to clone application for this database, then you do not need to run preclone.

There is no application running for this Database and we are not creating this database as a standby database, we are cloning the production database for a test purpose..

Restore has got failed due to space issue, we are adding space in the server now.

If you have any idea about linux please guide me for this question.

I have added 30G space to the server from the storage device, but when checked the space in the server using the command df –h, it is showing the old memory itself and when checked using fdisk –l the added space is showing. Please find the details below.
    [root@appsclone ~]# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
    488G 457G 5.4G 99% /
    /dev/xvda1 99M 23M 71M 25% /boot
    tmpfs 2.5G 0 2.5G 0% /dev/shm
    [root@appsclone ~]# fdisk -l
    Disk /dev/xvda: 547.6 GB, 547608330240 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 66576 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
    Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/xvda1 * 1 13 104391 83 Linux
    /dev/xvda2 14 66576 534667297+ 8e Linux LVM
    Disk /dev/xvdb: 32.2 GB, 32212254720 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3916 cylinders
    Disk /dev/xvdb doesn't contain a valid partition table
    Disk /dev/xvdc: 1073 MB, 1073741824 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 130 cylinders
    Disk /dev/xvdc doesn't contain a valid partition table
    Now I want to add the 30G from (/dev/xvdb) to the “/” mount point.
    I mean when I give df –h, the “/” mount point should increase. Please suggest..

Regards
    Rajesh Thalapaneni.
  • 7. Re: DATABASE CLONE
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,
    In Production also we do not have the location as "$ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/<context_name>"
    Did you check this on RDBMS oracle home?

If you do not have it then you have to run admkappsutil.pl on application tier to generate the appsutil.zip and then copy.

IF you do not have this folder, how are you running preclone and autoconfig?
    There is no application running for this Database and we are not creating this database as a standby database, we are cloning the production database for a >test purpose..
    I did not say standby, i said stand alone meaning it is running by itself with out serving any application. Please read it again.

If you have any idea about linux please guide me for this question.

I have added 30G space to the server from the storage device, but when checked the space in the server using the command df –h, it is showing the old memory itself and when checked using fdisk –l the added space is showing. Please find the details below.
    [root@appsclone ~]# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
    488G 457G 5.4G 99% /
    /dev/xvda1 99M 23M 71M 25% /boot
    tmpfs 2.5G 0 2.5G 0% /dev/shm
    [root@appsclone ~]# fdisk -l
    Disk /dev/xvda: 547.6 GB, 547608330240 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 66576 cylinders
    Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/xvda1 * 1 13 104391 83 Linux
    /dev/xvda2 14 66576 534667297+ 8e Linux LVM
    Disk /dev/xvdb: 32.2 GB, 32212254720 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3916 cylinders
    Disk /dev/xvdb doesn't contain a valid partition table
    Disk /dev/xvdc: 1073 MB, 1073741824 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 130 cylinders
    Disk /dev/xvdc doesn't contain a valid partition table
    Now I want to add the 30G from (/dev/xvdb) to the “/” mount point.
    I mean when I give df –h, the “/” mount point should increase. Please suggest..
    Just adding the space to the system will not make it available. You have to format it usign mk2fs

Looks like you have logical volume, So you can add, format and mount this using "Logical volume Management".

Go to the server or use vnc

and on the top bar, you will find system -> Administration -> Logical Volume manager

From here you can format and mount it.

If you want to do it manually, use

http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Unix/Linux/LINUX_PartitioningandFormattingSecondHardDrive_ext3.shtml

Please mark the replies as helpful/answered if it is.

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points