This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 3:42 AM by yasser_egypt RSS

security module

yasser_egypt Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
dear experienced people
I have module, and i want to make forms for users and privilege for users to access the forms and reports of this module, please advice me how to do it, and please if you have any samples it will be very good
best regards
  • 1. Re: security module
    Amatu Allah Guru
    hey :-)

pls check the following link...

Re: login screen

Regards

Amatu Allah
  • 2. Re: security module
    yasser_egypt Newbie
    Thank you dear for you answer, but i want to make user privilege for example i have 2 users,one is admin and another is user2, and i want to give different privilege for every one for open menus and forms and reports
  • 3. Re: security module
    Amatu Allah Guru
    well, this is just an example...

1.create 2 tables... master is named e.g. users_names the details called users_privileges with relation one to many

2.the master has user_id pk,user_name,detail has users_privileges has 4 fields e.g. s,i,u,d for select , insert update & delete besides the user_id & module_id as a pk
    - it is described in next step -

3.A table called application_modules table with forms & reports name

Relations...
    attention with ur requirements pls give ...
    a user_id as a foreign key and a relation one to many between users_names& application_modules table which has a module_id as a pk and module_name or\ and desc and a relation between users_privileges and 2 previous tables.

4. u Will need to build foms interface to these tables
    user_id &name as a master and privileges as detailsi
    second a form with modules and forms & reports to add...

..pls note many approaches followed here...

u could use this technique as it is building alternative form w ith user_id as a master form and modules as detail with a small flag in a db u can add to work as a check box form side to select or deselect the module for each user and another form or a stacked canvas with the privilege check boxes of i j s d

the admin has a full access to these forms reports and has the privilege to adding any form or report to any user.

there in next step u Will need to handed the security through when new form instance trigger by calling the security funaction know link given...

or through menu security

Amatu Allah
  • 4. Re: security module
    yasser_egypt Newbie
    thanks dear, it is really useful

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points