This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 6:02 PM by ursusca RSS

Metrics "Average Users Waiting Counts" is at xxxx for event class "Other""

user158792 - oracle Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts,

We frequently get below error in our 10.2.0.5 Production RAC database.

Metrics "Average Users Waiting Counts" is at xxxx for event class "Other""/Metrics "Average Users Waiting Counts" is at xxxx for event class "Concurrency"".

As I have gone through some Oracle note ids where its mentioned below points:

ALERT SES: Metrics "Average Users Waiting Counts" is at XXXXX for event class "Configuration"|"Concurrency"|"Other"

Cause: There are crawls and/or index defrag running on the Database

Solution:

1. This should clear in a 3-5 hours once the crawl or index defrag has completed.

my quetion here is, We should not bother about this alert? or is there any way to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
  • 1. Re: Metrics "Average Users Waiting Counts" is at xxxx for event class "Other""
    ursusca Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    sum (wait time over a period) / elapsed time of that period = 'Average Users Waiting Counts' . This metric represents the average number of users that have made a call to the database and that are waiting for an event, such as an I/O or a lock request, to complete. If the number of users waiting on events increases, it indicates that either more users are running, increasing workload, or that waits are taking longer. If that waits are taking longer then you should worry about it. Try to use the ADDM or ASH reports for a more detailed analysis.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points