2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 11:29 PM by Samantha-Oracle RSS

How to create a HFM cluster including 2 HFM servers inside

Samantha-Oracle
      Hi

creating a HFM cluster, including two servers such as srv01, srv02.

I install and configure foundation, hfm, R&A products on srv01, the function is working as normal.

if I want to create a HFM cluster using srv01 and srv02, I want to confirm some questions as below.

1.which components need to be installed on srv02?
      2.which db schema should I use? using the previous one or new a db schema?
      3.which epm instance should I use? using the previous one or new a unique epm instance?

I use a domain user to create HFM DCOM, also I use a windows 2008 R2 NLB as load balancer for this two servers.

Thanks in advance.
      Best Regards,
      Samantha
        • 1. Re: How to create a HFM cluster including 2 HFM servers inside
          hfm_ch
          Hi Samantha,

1. You just start the installtool.cmd as usual on the new server
          Pick the same path for the installation as the 1st app server (important)
          Click New installation

Then tick the Financial Management Server
          This should tick automatically the Static Content Files and Weblogic Application Server under the Foundation Components

Tick aswell the Financial Management ADM Driver under Financial Management.

Then proceed to install

Afterwards click on Configure
          The Home directory has to be the same.
          The EPM Oracle Instance I named HFM_SERVER2 (1st one is HFM_SERVER1)

Next step for the Database is just to enter the same schema for the HSS as this will register the 2nd application server in HSS

At the next screen tick Configure DCOM, Configure Application Server, Configure Application Cluster

Input the same DCOM user as on the 1st one.

Then you can create the Cluster, I named it PROD_HFM, there you should add both Available Servers

I hope this helps
          Roman
          • 2. Re: How to create a HFM cluster including 2 HFM servers inside
            Samantha-Oracle
            hi hfm_ch

Thank you for your information, the problem was fixed in the same way as you suggested.

wish you a good day!

Best Regards,
            Samantha