1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 2:25 AM by swesley_perth RSS

custom auth settings to allow sentry function in app reached through menu

OEL 5.6, Oracle, APEX 4.1.1

Today's problem: I have constructed through good information from various docs/books/etc a pretty good custom authentication, I have my own tables for user/role/app repositiory, with a package that handles the authentication very well. This setup is an app by itself, and appears to do all I expected with dynamic menu construction using a tree, and the CONNECT-BY query behind the tree brings back a URL for each option that is not a submenu.

When I click the option to go to the secondary app (not a page in the same app, but a separately created app) under that link, the target app presents a login page. I know I can disable the use of an authentication scheme on the target app, but then how would I implement a sentry function to be sure the user has to the app through my authentication and menu (vs. coming in through a bookmark)? Or is there a better avenue of which I have not read in my many sources?

Please advise if additional info is needed to help with an answer.
        • 1. Re: custom auth settings to allow sentry function in app reached through menu
          Under app security settings, you could set the cookie name the same among applications you would like to share authentication with, regardless of authentication scheme.

I have a blog post drafted on this topic - just not ready yet, sorry ;-)

blog: [url grassroots-oracle.com]grassroots-oracle.com
          twitter: [url twitter.com/swesley_perth]@swesley_perth

-- please mark any useful posts as helpful or correct, in the end it helps us all