This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 2:48 AM by 988914 RSS

View Patch Advisories in OEM 12C

988914 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi I am new to OEM and this might be a very simple question.
How to view the patches applied to a system. I could not view the patch advisories region for the selected target.
Note: the patches are not applied through OEM.
  • 1. Re: View Patch Advisories in OEM 12C
    BrianP Journeyer
    Instead of looking at the database or database system target, look at the Oracle Home target associated with that database.

On the Oracle Home target's landing page you should see a section with "Products", "PatchSets" and "Patches Applied". Click the 'Patches Applied' tab and you should see a list.

This is not a list of patch advisories but it should show a list of the patches applied to the system.
  • 2. Re: View Patch Advisories in OEM 12C
    988914 Newbie
    Hi ... Thanks for the reply.. I could see the patches applied to the targets..

It will be helpful if you can help here...

what is that we see by navigating to Enterprise --> Provisioning & Patching --> Patches & Updates -->

I couldn't find any patch results, if I give any specific patch number which is already applied to any one of the targets???

Thanks

Edited by: 985911 on Feb 6, 2013 11:07 PM
  • 3. Re: View Patch Advisories in OEM 12C
    BrianP Journeyer
    I believe that the patch search under Enterprise --> Provisioning & Patching --> Patches & Updates only searches the patches you have uploaded to the OEM 12c software library. If you have applied patches using EM12c, they should show up in the list. But if you applied patches outside of OEM, you will not see patches here.

For example, I used EM12c to apply patch 13958806, and I see that patch if I search for it. But I did NOT use EM12c to apply patch 6895422, and I cannot find that patch if I search for it.

To see a patch in this screen you would need to upload it to your software library first by following the instructions in http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/em.121/e27046/pat_mosem_new.htm#sthref351 .
  • 4. Re: View Patch Advisories in OEM 12C
    988914 Newbie
    Thanks for the response :-)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points