6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 10:24 AM by 989006 RSS

Workspace Consolidation issue

AndyWhiteford
      Hi,

I am able to log into Workspace okay but when I try to open an application under consolidation I get the following error after waiting a period of minutes while it says processing. This was intermittent but now it seems to happen all the time. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions please?

Error:

There was some communication error. Response is : http://usadc-vshyp12:19000/hfm/GlobalWorkspaceNav/bpm/modules/com/hyperion/hfm/web/appcontainer/Adf.asp <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
      <html><head>
      <title>502 Proxy Error</title>
      </head><body>
      <h1>Proxy Error</h1>
      <p>The proxy server received an invalid
      response from an upstream server.
      The proxy server could not handle the request <em>POST /hfm/GlobalWorkspaceNav/bpm/modules/com/hyperion/hfm/web/appcontainer/Adf.asp</em>.<p>
      Reason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p>
      <p>Additionally, a 502 Bad Gateway
      error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
      <hr>
      <address>Apache/2.0.52 (Win32) Server at usadc-vshyp12 Port 19000</address>
      </body></html>
        • 1. Re: Workspace Consolidation issue
          user613371
          Did you resolved your problem? I got the same error message ! If you had resolved your problem can you tell me how you did it ?

Thank
          • 2. Re: Workspace Consolidation issue
            What happens when you open a fresh browser window and you go directly to:?

http://usadc-vshyp12:19000/hfm/

What are you using for your work space proxy server? IIS or Apache?
            • 3. Re: Workspace Consolidation issue
              AndyWhiteford
              Sorry for the late reply. I think this issue was resolved due to correcting DCOM settings - the users ANONYMOUS and Everyone needed additional access.
              • 4. Re: Workspace Consolidation issue
                Would you be able to provide specifics regarding which server you reconfigured the COM settings. Was it the HFM server or the Reporting server? We are receiving the same error in Workspace when we load metadata.
                • 5. Re: Workspace Consolidation issue
                  AndyWhiteford
                  Hi,

We updated the com setting for all servers in our implementation to ensure the access was at its highest i.e. DCOM settings were changed across all the servers in accordance with Oracle/Hyperion's recommendation, we never had one specific server.
                  The change was to ensure ANONYMOUS and Everyone had full access under Defaults and Limits for both Access Permissions and also Launch & Activation Permissions.

These are accessed via
                  RUN\dcomcnfg\Component Services\Computers\My Computer\Properties

on each server.
                  • 6. Re:users getting random proxy error
                    we have numerous users that are randomly getting the following proxy error in oracle 11g. we have tried microsoft kb895954 as fix, with no results. the users are running xp and ie 7 or ie 8. any suggesting with regards to finding a permanant solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated. i am not the db admin, but, will engage him and app developers with any suggestions received.

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
                    The proxy server could not handle the request POST/DwmFirst/block/send-receive-updates.

Reason: Error reading from remot server