3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 9:21 PM by 605022 RSS

Essbase Studio cube build error - shared member

Hi all:

I'm using Essbase Studio to create an ASO outline. I have a dim which has shared members (all at level 0) and I'm getting the following 2 error msg during cube deployment:

*1. "Aggregate storage outlines only allow any shared member [747] once in a stored hierarchy, including prototype."*

Does this error mean that there cannot be more than one shared member [747] within the entire DIM or within a single rollup of that DIM? E.g. can I have something like:

PRODUCT (Gen1)
      Soda (Gen2)
      123 (Gen 3)
      747 (Gen 3)
      Juice (Gen2)
      555 (Gen 3)
      747 (Gen 3) (shared member)
      Water (Gen2)
      111 (Gen 3)

In any case, I don't have more than two occurences of member [747] in my data model, so why would I get this error?

*2. "Shared member [747] precedes its prototype"*

Does this mean that during the cube deployment process, Essbase Studio is tagging the first occurence of member [747] as a shared member? Why would it do that? How do I get it to build the outline such that only the second occurence or nth occurence of a member is tagged as "shared-member". I know I can do it manually in AAS, but I can't do that if EStudio doesn't build an outline in the first place because of the error.

thanks,

Axe
        • 1. Re: Essbase Studio cube build error - shared member
          GlennS_3
          The first error is because you have the dimension set as stored either change it to multiple hierarchies or dynamic and it will allow shared members

The second error is because the first instance is getting tagged as the shared member. in 11.1.2 this is changed so Essbase automatically detects this issue and corrects it automatically
          You are probably getting it because both your primary and secondary hierarchies are getting build intermingled

suppose you have your example
          PRODUCT (Gen1)
          Soda (Gen2)
          123 (Gen 3)
          747 (Gen 3)
          Juice (Gen2)
          555 (Gen 3)
          Water (Gen2)
          111 (Gen 3)

If you build this as a parent child recursive build and the order of your data file is
          Parent Child
          Product Soda
          Product Juice
          Product Water
          Juice 747
          Soda 747

yiou see it would add the 747 to juice first so the Soda would get shared. You would need to change it so the Soda 747 would be seen first
          • 2. Re: Essbase Studio cube build error - shared member
            Thanks Glenn. It worked by setting the outline build to "dynamic at dimension level". I tried "multiple hierarchies" as well, but this seems to conflict with the "duplicate member name support" setting.
            • 3. Re: Essbase Studio cube build error - shared member
              Hi

Can i share members on level0, I am working on essbase studio 11.1.2.1.

Please advise

Thanks