9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 10:45 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier

Dear Experts,

We are having 2 nodes.one node named node 1 having conc server,admin server and db server and other node having forms server and the web server and it is node 2.

So here in this case how to migrate to shared Application Tier from shared APPL Top. Please give step by step configuration.

OS version : Sun Solaris SPARC 10.5
      R12.1.1
      DB version : 11.1.0.7
      DB Size (1.3 TB)
      Concurrent Users : 200-300 Approx ( 24/7 )

Thanks
      DBA
        • 1. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
          EBSDBA
          Hi Hemanth,

So here in this case how to migrate to shared Application Tier from shared APPL Top. Please give step by step configuration.
          Shared APPL_TOP and shared application tier both are same.

Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 384248.1]

How to Implement a Shared APPL_TOP? [ID 1122599.1]

Cannot Start Apache After Adding A Web Node On Shared APPL_TOP [ID 390425.1]

How To Apply Patches On Shared Application Tier File System Environment [ID 745580.1]

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
            Hi

Thanks for your Explanation & Notes

Thanks
            DBA
            • 3. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
              Hi

We are in Two node architecture DB,Admin, CP, Node-1 & Web forms in Node 2. How to convert our current environment to shared application tier. Please guide us.
              I had gone through the Doc as you mentioned. Can i go with this below steps ?

1. Run pre Clone in our current multi node (Two nodes ) & move to single node test server-1 (adcfgclone)
              2. Then sharing the file system to another test server-2 (All DB, CP, ADMIN. FORMS, Apache). Is this right ?
              3. Then Configuring Load balancer

Thanks
              Hemanth
              • 4. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
                EBSDBA
                Hemanth wrote:
                Hi

We are in Two node architecture DB,Admin, CP, Node-1 & Web forms in Node 2. How to convert our current environment to shared application tier. Please guide us.
                I had gone through the Doc as you mentioned. Can i go with this below steps ?

1. Run pre Clone in our current multi node (Two nodes ) & move to single node test server-1 (adcfgclone)
                Yes, You need to run preclone only on primary node first when it is NOT shared. (The node where your database is for example.)

Then copy the file system to the shared location for example /SharedAppl/oracle/. Then run post clone on shared node 1 and select which application services you want.

So now you node 1 is ready with the database,admin and cp

Then run preclone again for application tier on this newly created shared application system
                2. Then sharing the file system to another test server-2 (All DB, CP, ADMIN. FORMS, Apache). Is this right ?
                Yes, but here now you need to mount /SharedAppl/oracle/ here.
                Then use adclonectx.pl addnode as described in section 4 of note

Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 384248.1]

3. Then Configuring Load balancer
                Yes, only if you more than one web entry point services.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
                  Hi

Thanks for your kind answers.

we are having one web entry point in (Node-2). Is another web entry point is necessary for us? If needed means how can we add the node and configure load balancer ?

Thanks
                  DBA
                  • 6. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
                    EBSDBA
                    we are having one web entry point in (Node-2). Is another web entry point is necessary for us? If needed means how can we add the node and configure load balancer ?
                    No, it is not necessary. But if you have lot of load and need to balance it between two servers then you can go for load balancer.

While cloning and or adding node, you have to choose to ENABLE Web entry services for both the nodes.

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
                      HI

Now Our Server specs are

Node 1 Prod : (M5000) 4 ultra sparc VI 2.15 GHZ processor, 64GB Memory (Running Admin, CP, Database services )
                      Node 2 Prod : (T5120)T2 Processor 8 cores with 16GB  memory. (Forms & Web Services )

Can u please suggest node 3 hardware requirements? to configure like below architecture & is this hardware resources is enough for this suggested Architecture?

Node 1 - As per your guidance Admin, CP, Database services (Shared Application Tier)
                      Node 2 - Forms & Web services
                      Node 3 - Admin, CP (Shared Mount Points)

If you suggest this it is very useful for us. Else suggest if any other easy maintenance architecture available for EBS.

Thanks
                      Hemanth.C
                      • 8. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
                        HI

Please skip my previous post. What are the services we need to configure in Node 1 and Node 2 to configure Shared application tier.

Node 1 DB ADMIN WEB CP FORMS
                        Node 2 ADMIN WEB FORMS ONlY

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
                        Hemanth
                        • 9. Re: Two Node Architechture to Shared Application Tier
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Hemanth wrote:
                          HI

Please skip my previous post. What are the services we need to configure in Node 1 and Node 2 to configure Shared application tier.
                          You can always edit your previous replies.
                          Node 1 DB ADMIN WEB CP FORMS
                          Node 2 ADMIN WEB FORMS ONlY

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
                          Hemanth
                          If you are on R12, you can run any application services from either node.

Configuring Applications Node Services in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 406558.1]
                          Explanation of Context Variables for Shared Application File System in R12 and 11i [ID 1070152.1]

Thanks,
                          Hussein