0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 11:43 AM by 989301 RSS

Returning multiple errors with ODP.Net

Hi, i'm using Oracle users to authenticate username and password for a .Net application. Right now I'm working on the password change function. The database has a custom password validation, so if you try to change a user's password and, you provide an invalid password, Oracle returns multiple errors.

The first error is always "ORA-28003: password verification for the specified password failed", and then it rises one error for each failed validation. This is shown correctly when I try to change a user's password from the Toad client.

However, when I do this from my application, the OracleException that is risen only returns the first error, and therefore I'm not able to show the user what's invalid about the new password he provided.

According the [ODP.Net documentation|http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/win.111/b28375/OracleExceptionClass.htm] "If there multiple errors, ODP.NET only returns the first error message on the stack." How can I avoid this? How can I show all the errors that occurred?

Regards