This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 6:06 PM by Sunthar Tharmalingam RSS

After disk full emca and dbconsole don't work any more

xerces8 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!

Using the Developer day virtual machine image (see 1 below, it contains Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Enterprise Edition on Oracle Linux 5) i filled up the /home partition where all the oracle files (except the datafiles I created for my tables) are located, during a big INSERT operation.

After that the em console (web GUI) does not work.
I restarted the machine but is is the same.

"emctl start dbconsole" just tries for a while and gives up.

The emdb.nohup file says something like this (I copied this from another forum message, as the VM is not up right now, as said, my file are in /home/oracle/):

/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_4/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_oel5.localdomain_uware/config/server.xml, Fatal error at line 1 offset 1 in file:/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_4/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_oel5.localdomain_uware/config/server.xml: .<Line 1, Column 1>: XML-20108: (Fatal Error) Start of root element expected.

I checked the server.xml file and it is empty.

In other forum threads they recommend this:
emca -deconfig dbcontrol db

emca -config dbcontrol db
But emca fails with (even when run without arguments):
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/sysman/assistants/util/sqlEngine/SQLFatalErrorException
I don't have a backup, since it is just a test machine.

The database itself still works, so is there a "simple" way to restore the EM console?
Or can I just start from scratch? (fresh copy of the VM appliance)

Regards,
David

1 - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/databaseappdev-vm-161299.html

PS: I forgot to mention: the first thing I did was to free up disk space by deleting some (unrelated to Oracle) files.

Edited by: xerces8 on Feb 6, 2013 12:56 AM
added PS

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points