This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 6:10 PM by Sunthar Tharmalingam RSS

Email RMAN backup logs in OEM 12c

613650 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am scheduling my RMAN daily backups via OEM 12c. My goal is that the email notification includes the full log, rather than just the status of results. I was able to do this in 11g fairly easily. I have created a ticket with Oracle, to which they have responded that this may not be possible with 12c. I find that hard to believe. I am probably missing something silly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • 1. Re: Email RMAN backup logs in OEM 12c
    989258 Newbie
    Hi Mellissa,

Were you ever able to find any answers to this?

Thank You.
  • 2. Re: Email RMAN backup logs in OEM 12c
    Sunthar Tharmalingam Explorer
    Here is the response to your question. If its useful, please mark it so.

https://oracletechnologistblog.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/tip-of-the-week-resolving-12c-cloud-control-database-backup-notification-issues/

In 12c CC, after scheduling database backup job and configuring email notification, system doesn’t successfully email the status of the backup jobs. Email notification within 12c would work otherwise. Interestingly, the notification would not work just for database backup jobs.

Steps to diagnose the issue:

1.Please ensure your database target ‘yourdb’ in issue has been listed in the ‘Job Events For Targets’ by navigating to EM 12c -> Setup -> Incidents -> Job Events
    2.If the above doesn’t help, then please do:
    2.1 Log on the repository db of EM 12c as SYSMAN user to query the following then upload the output.html file for checking
    SQL>set markup html on spool on
    SQL>spool output.html
    SQL>select * from mgmt_targets where target_name=’PRD1′;
    SQL>select * from mgmt_notification_log;
    SQL>spool off
    2.2 Set EM 12c OMS to DEBUG level
    cd <OMS_HOME>/bin
    emctl set property -name log4j.rootCategory -value ‘DEBUG, emlogAppender, emtrcAppender’ -module logging
    2.3 Then reproduce this issue.

If you find below errors in <gc_inst>/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log/emoms.trc, then perform the below mentioned Resolution to resolve the issue.

2012-08-23 17:05:51,519 [DeliveryThread-EMAIL6] WARN notification.pbs logp.251 – Delivery.run: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can’t find bundle for base name oracle.sysman.db.rsc.rec.BackupJobMsg, locale en_US
    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can’t find bundle for base name oracle.sysman.db.rsc.rec.BackupJobMsg, locale en_US

Resolution:

As per the uploaded file emoms_pbs.trc, it shows the exactly same error messages described in the bug 13334194.

Apply the EM 12c BP1( per Doc ID 1430518.1) patch to resolve this issue, as it has included the fix of bug 13334194.

Reference:

Mandatory Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 12.1.0.1 Bundle Patch 1 (BP1) for all available platforms (Doc ID 1430518.1)
    Document 1395505.1 – Announcing Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 12.1.0.1 Bundle Patch 1(BP1) and 12.1.0.2 Plug-ins.

EM 12c How to Configure Notifications for Job Executions? (Doc ID 1386816.1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points