This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 7:48 AM by Todd Little RSS

Jolt EventBroker on a Cluster

user767494 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have multiple, server list (stateless Tux appplication servers) connected via Jolt client. Do event broker dispatches events posted on anyof the servers to the jolt client?

JoltSessionAttributes jsa = new JoltSessionAttributes();
sa.setString(jsa.APPADDRESS, server1:7890,server2:1890); // Multiple Tuxedo Servers

JoltSession js= new JoltSession(jsa, ...);

In this configuration, I have EventBroker server (TMUSREVT) on server1 and server 2. Both are independent Application Servers and NOT configured as cluster in ubb.

In this case, does JoltSession get EventBroker notifications, if a subscribed event is published in server 1 and server 2 ?
  • 1. Re: Jolt EventBroker on a Cluster
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi,

So if I understand you correctly, you have two separate domains, one containing server 1 (machine 1?), and the other containing server 2? If the machines are not clustered, i.e., running in MP mode, the two event brokers will have no knowledge of one another. In fact, unless you have the domain gateway configured between them, the two domains are totally and completely separate.

Now if instead, you meant you have a two machine cluster (server 1 and server 2) configured in an MP configuration, then the only way the two tmusrevt servers will communicate with each other is if one of them is configured as a secondary server with the -S command line option. In this case, either server can handle subscriptions and process events.

So I'm not sure I answered your question. If not, please let me know.

Regards,
    Todd Little
    Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
  • 2. Re: Jolt EventBroker on a Cluster
    user358190 - oracle Newbie
    Todd,
    We have configured the above system in SHM mode. Jolt client has subscribed to an event (say 'A') in server1 in machine 1.
    If server 2 in machine 2 posted the same event(A), would Jolt client be able to get the callback handler in OnReply()?
    Since you have noted about Secondary server, i was wondering if secondary TMUSRVEVT server can be configured on server 2 on machine 2 which repeatedly polls master TMUSREVT in server1 in machine1 in SHM mode?
    Thanks,
    Philip
  • 3. Re: Jolt EventBroker on a Cluster
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi Philip,

If the two machines are configured in SHM mode, then there will be no communication between them, i.e., they are completely isolated (of course unless they are using the domain gateway to connect them). So an event subscribed to or posted on machine 1 will have no effect or impact on machine 2. The secondary TMUSREVT has to be running in the same domain, i.e., same SHM machine, or any machine in an MP domain. Now if you are using the domain gateway and the latest version of Tuxedo (12c), then you can configure the domain gateway to relay events from one domain to the other domain.

Regards,
    Todd Little
  • 4. Re: Jolt EventBroker on a Cluster
    user767494 Newbie
    Thanks Todd. So here you are recommending Cross Domain , events to be configured with Events to propagated needs to be mapped explicitly.
  • 5. Re: Jolt EventBroker on a Cluster
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi Philip,

If you want to keep the two machines in separate domains, then the only way to propagate events from one machine to the other machine would be to use the domain gateway and configure it to propagate events. The details on this can be found at:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35855_01/tuxedo/docs12c/ada/adsevt.html#wp1022196

Regards,
    Todd Little

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points