3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 12:43 AM by Sherry Lamonica-Oracle RSS

R for linux

hi
      my server is linux and I must install R on server for ORE. but I don't find R2.15 for linux and in http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/el5/x86_64/ only exist version of 2.10.
      my linux is redhat el5.
        • 1. Re: R for linux
          Sherry Lamonica-Oracle
          Nasiri,

You'll need to use Oracle R Distribution because it's been compiled with the flags needed to run Oracle R Enterprise. Oracle R Distribution is available from Oracle's public yum. Here are the instructions to install Oracle R Distribution for R 2.15.1 from public yum. Choose the approrpaite platform: Oracle Linux 5 or Oracle Linux 6:

Oracle Linux 5:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
               sudo su -
               wget http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-el5.repo

Open public-yum-el5.repo in a text editor and set

"enabled=1" for [ol5_u6_base]
          and [el5_addons].

Save changes and exit.

yum install R.x86_64

Oracle Linux 6:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
               sudo su -
               wget http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-ol6.repo

Open public-yum-ol6.repo in a text editor and set

"enabled=1" for [ol6_addons]
          and [ol6_latest]

Save changes and exit.

yum install R.x86_64

--Sherry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
          • 2. Re: R for linux
            Hi Sherry
            I only know data mining and don't work with linux
            can you please tell me what do I do?
            • 3. Re: R for linux
              Sherry Lamonica-Oracle
              Hi Nasiri,

Please contact me using the email address my forum profile so I can assist you with the Oracle R Distribution installation.

--Sherry