3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 12:43 AM by bigdelboy RSS

pkgchk errors

Hi Guys,
      I am facing situation which I do not understand. I will be glad if someone can explain to me what is going on.

I ran the pkgchk command with no options and I get this errors :

-bash-3.2# pkgchk
      ERROR: /boot
      group name <sys> expected <root> actual
      ERROR: /dev
      ERROR: /devices
      ERROR: /devices/pseudo/cvc@0:cvc
      pathname does not exist
      ERROR: /devices/pseudo/cvcredir@0:cvcredir
      pathname does not exist
      ERROR: /etc

Output has been truncated .
      Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Thank you
        • 1. Re: pkgchk errors
          bigdelboy
          I happen to notice you may have come accross this bug mentioned in the release notes:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/html/817-0552/installbugs-227.html

/dev and /devices/pseudo Permissions Set Incorrectly After Installation (4720192, 6215918)

The permissions on group permission on the /boot et. al. directory may be caused by conflicting package installation etc ... perhaps especially if you ar using 3rd party packages from opencswor sunfreeware .. IMHO the're probably not a problem.
          • 2. Re: pkgchk errors
            Thank you very much for the reply. Do you have an idea on how to fix the problem or should I just ignore it?

I appreciate your help

Thanks
            • 3. Re: pkgchk errors
              bigdelboy
              985798 wrote:
              Thank you very much for the reply. Do you have an idea on how to fix the problem or should I just ignore it?

I appreciate your help

Thanks
              The pkgchk 'fix' described in Oracle's document will probably fix everything. However there is no way I would guarenteed that. I would take a very good backup first though ... I certainly haven't tried it myself. If you are under Oracle Support confirm with them. I haven't check MOS on this either.