1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2013 8:14 AM by Paul W Smith II RSS

How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2

user9212679
      Hi,

I have created a new ADF task flow.

Now I need to deploy the same in OIM 11g R2, so that when I click on a link it will call my new ADF task flow.

Please help me in identifying the steps required to deploy the adf task flow.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
          Durgaprasad
          Locate the oracle.iam.ui.custom shared library, which is oracle.iam.ui.custom-dev-starter-pack.war. The shared library is in the IDM_HOME/server/apps/ directory.

Repackage the WAR and include your ADF libraries in WEB-INF/lib/.

Redeploy the shared library.

Refer 30.10.5.9 Launching Taskflows in this link

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/dev.1112/e27150/uicust.htm#BABIJJEF
          • 2. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
            user9212679
            Hi Durgaprasad,

I have already followed the steps mentioned in the developer guide but no success.

Below are the steps which I have done :

1. unpack the oracle.iam.ui.custom-dev-starter-pack.war from IDM_HOME/server/apps/ directory

2. Inside the WEB-INF/lib directory of the oracle.iam.ui.custom-dev-starter-pack.war, placed my custom ADF library.

3. Repack the war.

4. Copied the war to IDM_HOME/server/apps/ directory

5. Restarted the OIM server.

But when I am invoking the taskflow in the bean method as

public void taskFlow2(ActionEvent event) {
            launchTaskFlow("hello",
            "/WEB-INF/oracle/iam/ui/sample/homepage/tfs/hello-world-tf.xml#hello-world-tf",
            "Custom taskFlow2",
            "/images/passwordField.png",
            null,
            "Hello World");

Its just launch a blank page in the same panel.

Wherein if I change the task flow definition as

launchTaskFlow("change_password",
            "/WEB-INF/oracle/iam/ui/homepage/changepassword/tfs/change-password-tf.xml#change-password-tf",
            FacesUtils.getBundleValue(UI_BUNDLE,
            "CHANGE_PASSWORD_LHS"),
            "/images/passwordField.png",
            null,
            "CUSTOMOHW_chapter");

It launches the change password page successfully.

Please let me know if I have missed out some step. One thing which is not clear to me is the statement "*Locate the oracle.iam.ui.custom shared library, which is oracle.iam.ui.custom-dev-starter-pack.war*. As per my understanding it means locate the oracle.iam.ui.custom-dev-starter-pack.war and unpack it, which I have already done.

Please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
              Durgaprasad
              https://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2477022&start=0&tstart=0
              • 4. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                user9212679
                Hi Durga,

Thanks for sharing the post. I think I am facing the same issue which you were facing.

I have already done these steps but still not able to get my custom page on click of a link which I created in OIM self service page :

1. I have created the adflibHomepagePortletsUI.jar as an adf library using Jdeveloper and copied it to oracle.iam.ui.custom-dev-starter-pack.war --> WEB-INF/lib folder after unpacking it.

2. have updated the custom-catalog.xml file inside oracle/adf/rc/metadata folder with the below lines :

<folder name="Sample Folder" id="sampleFolder">
                <contents>
                <resource id="helloWorld" name="Hello World"
                description="Hello World Taskflow Reference"
                repository="application.classpath"
                path="adflibHomepagePortletsUI.jar/ADF_TaskFlow/WEB-INF+oracle+iam+ui+sample+homepage+tfs+hello-world-tf.xml#hello-world-tf">
                <attributes>
                <attribute value="coreDefault" attributeId="attr.background" isKey="false"/>
                </attributes>
                </resource>
                </contents>
                </folder>

3. repacked the war file and copied it in OIM_HOME/server/apps directory

4. Restarted the OIM server.

5. entered the following lines in jazn-data.xml present in user_projects\domains\idmdomain\servers\oim_server1\tmp\_WL_user\oracle.iam.console.identity.self-service.ear_V2.0\6bddg\META-INF\jazn-data.xml

<permission>
                <class>oracle.adf.controller.security.TaskFlowPermission</class>
                <name>/WEB-INF/oracle/iam/ui/sample/homepage/tfs/hello-world-tf.xml#hello-world-tf</name>
                <actions>view</actions>
                </permission>

5. Login to self service console.

6. Click on the custom link who's actionListener is pointing to bean which is launching the taskflow created in the above steps.

7. On Click of the link a new tab gets open with blank page.

Please help me in knowing the step which I am missing in order to solve this issue.

Many thanks once again.
                • 5. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                  Durgaprasad
                  Your steps seems to be correct. Is hello-world-tf.xml the name of the task flow xml inside WEB-INF folder. I doubt the name of this might be different. Can you check this in your custom UI project. Because you had mentioned change-password-tf.xml was working, launching change password page successfully.
                  • 6. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                    user9212679
                    Hi Durga,

Thanks issue is solved now.

I have one more query , I have created a new ADF library the similar way I created the earlier one. In this newly created adf library I am displaying the data from a custom table.

I am able to see the data when I am running this application on jdeveloper but when I am calling/launching it from oim I am getting error and the data from the table is not getting displayed.

Do I need to do any other configuration in order to see the data from a custom table.

Thanks.
                    • 7. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                      Durgaprasad
                      What was the issue and how did you solve it?
                      • 8. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                        user9212679
                        The entry which I placed in the jazn-data.xml was not correct and after correcting that entry i worked.

Thank you very much for your help in solving this issue.

Could you please help me in solving the issue which I am facing while displaying the data from a custom table.
                        • 9. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                          I am also getting the blank page .I added the entry of my taskflow in jazn-data.xml but still getting the blank page.can you please let me know what entry you did in jazn-data.xml and at what place.

Thanks.
                          • 10. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                            user9212679
                            I have added the below line in the xml file along with the place where the same type of entry was placed for OIM task definitions.

<permission>
                            <class>oracle.adf.controller.security.TaskFlowPermission</class>
                            <name>/WEB-INF/custom-tf.xml#custom-tf</name>
                            <actions>view</actions>
                            </permission>
                            • 11. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                              Does the ADF Jar file created by JDeveloper supposed to have a WEB-INF folder? I am only getting the following:

1) META-INF (contains manifest, adfc-config.xml, etc.)
                              2) oracle
                              3) adflibREADME.txt
                              4) index.jspx

If not, what is this <name> */WEB-INF/custom-tf.xml#custom-tf* </name> referencing to?

Edited by: 993163 on Mar 11, 2013 3:01 PM

Edited by: 993163 on Mar 11, 2013 3:01 PM
                              • 12. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                                It turns out, if you are just using the default TaksFlow (adfc-config.xml) then the WEB-INF folder isn't created in the ADF Library Jar.
                                • 13. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2

Can you tell me which folder is being referenced here? I don't think it should stay as Sample Folder, right?
                                  • 14. Re: How to deploy a new ADF task flow in OIM 11g R2
                                    user9212679
                                    The name Sample Folder will not affect your application.

You just need to add you task flow definition as below :

<contents>
                                    <resource id="helloWorld" name="Hello World"
                                    description="Hello World Taskflow Reference"
                                    path="adflibHomepagePortletsUI.jar/ADF_TaskFlow/WEB-INF+oracle+iam+ui+sample+homepage+tfs+hello-world-tf.xml#hello-world-tf">
                                    <attributes>
                                    </attributes>
                                    </resource>
                                                   <resource id="testView" name="Test View"
                                    description="Test View Taskflow Reference"
                                    path="adflibTestView1.jar/ADF_TaskFlow/WEB-INF+customNew-tf.xml#customNew-tf">
                                    <attributes>
                                    </attributes>
                                    </resource>
                                    </contents>
                                    </folder>
                                    </contents>

You can just keep on adding the task flow definition in case you have multiple adf task flow

HTH
                                    1 2 Previous Next