I am a newbie to linux and datamodeler. I am trying to install the early adopter 3.3 but cant get the rpm command below to work
To install and run:
- Ensure to install both JRE and JDK, if not, download here *
(click the Download for JRE and JDK 6 Update <xx>, where <xx> is the latest update)
- Download the file above
- rpm -Uhv datamodeler-220.127.116.113-1.noarch.rpm
- chmod -R 777 /opt/datamodeler
- Run Data Modeler, login as configured user
- export TMZ="GMT"
(this comes from installation notes at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/datamodeler/downloads/linux-installnotes-1716516.html )
Unfortunately the installation example assumes windows http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/sql/saternos-datamodeler-099636.html
Do you mean that you can not execute rpm i.e. rpm is not installed (damaged etc.)? If so you can
1. (re)install rpm
2. Extract rpm file manually. Use rpm2cpio for instance. It will extract Data Modeler in specified directory.