This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 5:26 AM by Zpuit RSS

copied objects are compiled with debug True

Zpuit Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I had an issue with copied packages/triggers/procedures that when they were copied showed up as compiled with debug status.

My sql developer client has a default setting of compilng PL/SQL code with optimization level = 0 , while our database has a default = 2.

When modifying this level and setting it to 0, the debug flag is turned on, although not specified in the sql developer client)

preferences -> database -> PL/SQL -> Optimization Level = 2
 select * from v$parameter where name like 'plsql%' returns 
888         plsql_debug      1             FALSE    FALSE
889         plsql_optimize_level     3             2             2
after setting the level to 0 the same query returns:
888         plsql_debug      1             TRUE     TRUE
889         plsql_optimize_level     3             0             0
this compile with debug behavior is shown on oracle 10 and 11 databases.
  • 1. Re: copied objects are compiled with debug True
    rp0428 Guru
    Whenever you post provide your full sql developer version (and don't just say 'latest version').
    >
    My sql developer client has a default setting of compilng PL/SQL code with optimization level = 0 , while our database has a default = 2.

When modifying this level and setting it to 0, the debug flag is turned on, although not specified in the sql developer client)
    >
    You said it was already 0 so how are you modifying it? Where are you modifying it?

My client and db settings are the same as your defaults and in 3.2.20.09 I change the value in sql dev from 0 to 2 and nothing happens to those quer results. And I can change it back to 0 and nothing happens. DB still says debug is off.

I have a connection open when I tested. Do you have any other windows open?
  • 2. Re: copied objects are compiled with debug True
    Zpuit Newbie
    My sql developer Version is 3.2.20.09.
  • 3. Re: copied objects are compiled with debug True
    Zpuit Newbie
    I also have sqldeveloper version 3.2.20.09 and look up the value for optimizer in the preferences menu via preferences -> database -> PL/SQL (just as in my first message)

BTW I can still reproduce this issue (and 15 other dbas and developers at where I work) on both oracle 10 and 11.

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bi
    PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
    "CORE     10.2.0.4.0     Production"
    TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production
    NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production

and

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
    PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
    "CORE     11.2.0.2.0     Production"
    TNS for Linux: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
    NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

BTW We've been using sqldeveloper here since version 2.x. We found a workaround by setting the value for Optimization Level to 2, although you might not reproduce the issue, I suggest to keep it for others, although it seems not many others experience this issue.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points