This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 8:47 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Print Report Direct from current PC

Badr Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi
I want to print pre printed reports direct to dot matrix Printer without Concurrent Manager in requested PC ( Print from PC not from Server ) .
So , can i do that or not ?

Thanks,
Mohamed Badr
  • 1. Re: Print Report Direct from current PC
    Johan Louwers Explorer
    In general you have 2 options for printing.

1) print via the server printing queue
    2) download/open the report and click the print button on your workstation

there is a 2 B option. If we are talking about a HTML based report you can modify the reports in such a way that you send a java script with it that starts the printing. However this is (A) not advisable and (B) somewhat experimental and not supported ;-)

If you want to know more about printing via javascript check this page: http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/javascript/article.php/3471121/Print-a-Web-Page-Using-JavaScript.htm

Regards,
    Johan Louwers.
  • 2. Re: Print Report Direct from current PC
    Badr Newbie
    Thanks Johan

But i want to print direct or view direct without Concurrent Manager like PO report ( You can view it direct from View Document in PO screen Menu's ).

Thanks ,
    Mohamed Badr

Edited by: Badr on Feb 2, 2013 9:35 AM
  • 3. Re: Print Report Direct from current PC
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Badr wrote:
    Thanks Johan

But i want to print direct or view direct without Concurrent Manager like PO report ( You can view it direct from View Document in PO screen Menu's ).

Thanks ,
    Mohamed Badr

Edited by: Badr on Feb 2, 2013 9:35 AM
    Direct printing from the concurrent manager to local printers are not supported.

Please see old threads for similar discussion -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Direct+AND+Print+AND+Concurrent&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points