This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 11:45 AM by 989592 RSS

MS Access to Oracle Migration using Migration Wizard

989592 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am using Oracle SQL migration 3.0.04 for migrating MS Access database (2007) to Oracle. I am using the Tools>Migration>Migrate option for this. I have already created a repository and connection to source. I am facing a problem in using the wizard. The Capture window of the wizard is not showing any tables for me select and proceed further. Can anybody tell me if I am missing any steps. Thanks in advance for any help or comment.

Thanks
Diganta Goswami

Edited by: 986589 on Feb 6, 2013 12:11 PM
  • 1. Re: MS Access to Oracle Migration using Migration Wizard
    Barry McGillin Journeyer
    Diganta,
    If you are using windows, under the Tools > Migration Menu, you should get a set of Access Exporters which you can run against your database. This will generate an xml file which you can load with the wizard to see the structure of the Access database.

If it is just data you need, then you can make an access connection and right click on the table in the access connection and select "Copy to Oracle". This will copy the tables and data to oracle.

Thanks
    Barry
  • 2. Re: MS Access to Oracle Migration using Migration Wizard
    989592 Newbie
    Barry,

I am not using "Copy to Oracle" option since it don't copies everything (constraint, relationships, complete data etc) to oracle (as per oracle documentation). Also I am getting error while using Access exporter (Error # 3270) from Tools>Migration>MS Access Exporter.

Does the Tools>Migration>Migrate option is not meant for MS Access migration?

Thanks
    Diganta Goswami

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points