1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 12:44 PM by 931002 RSS

PTO Carry Over question

Hi,

I have a question on accrual and carry over dates for the following requirements

Requirement 1: Carry over to appear in accrual form after carry over process is run. Carry over expires on 01-Jun of the current year, if unused
      Requirement 2: Net entitlement should show all the approved absences until the end of the year not just the absences until the calculation date
      Requirement 3: Entitlement should show at the beginning of the year for the entire year as there are no pay period accruals

Requirement1 and 3 was addressed as follows but with this set up requirement 2 is working

The following attributes are returned in the accrual formula.
      Total_Accrued_PTO = Entitlement_days
      Accrual_end_date = to_date('31/12/'||to_char(Calculation_Date, 'YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY')
      Effective_Start_Date = Start_of_Year
      Effective_End_Date = calculation_date

If I return the above attributes, the net entitlement in the accrual form is only deducting absences up to the calculation date. so the net accrual is excluding the approved absences after the calculation date. When an employee views absences in SSHR, the balance is wrong as that does not include future approved absences

e.g if an employee has entitlement of 15 days and has an approved absence from 04-Mar-2013 to 06-Mar-2013 (for 3 days), this absence is not appearing the vacation day element until I date track to 04-Mar.
      This functionality appears to be correct as per the set up, however our requirement is to show the net entitlement after deducting all the apporved absences in the current year.

We have addressed requirement 2 as follows by changing the effective end date in the accrual formula but with this set up, the carry over value stopped showing the accrual form as the end date in the accrual form is 31-Dec

Total_Accrued_PTO = Entitlement_days
      Accrual_end_date = to_date('31/12/'||to_char(Calculation_Date, 'YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY')
      Effective_Start_Date = Start_of_Year
      Effective_End_Date = end_of_year

It is appearing in the element entries on 01-Jan with an expiry date of 31-Mar-2013 and a carry over value of 5 days . Eventhough it is not appearing in the accrual form when I run the carry over process, it is appearing when I create absences for any date prior to 01-Jun-2013. If I create 3 days of absence, then the carry over value is also showing as 3. When I create 5 days absence, the carry over is showing as 5. After it reaches 5(which is the max carry over), the absences are then deducted from the current year accrual.
      Is there a way to address all three requirements in fast formulas?

Thanks
      Jay