3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 6:04 AM by 629026 RSS

loading a jar file directly into oracle without unjaring

I looking to load the jar file directly in oracle, what i mean is if we load the jar file into oracle with loadjava or DBMS_JAVA.LOADJAVA all the class files will be extracted and loaded into the DB, i don't want this kind of process.......... somewhere i heard that we can directly load the jar file without extracting......... how can we do that
      pls help
        • 1. Re: loading a jar file directly into oracle without unjaring
          Marwim
          Hello,

this question might be better asked at {forum:id=65}

Regards
          Marcus
          • 2. Re: loading a jar file directly into oracle without unjaring
            rp0428
            >
            I looking to load the jar file directly in oracle, what i mean is if we load the jar file into oracle with loadjava or DBMS_JAVA.LOADJAVA all the class files will be extracted and loaded into the DB, i don't want this kind of process.......... somewhere i heard that we can directly load the jar file without extracting......... how can we do that
            >
            Use the -jarasresource or the -jarsasdbobjects parms of the loadjava tool.

See the Java Developer's Guide chap 11 on Schema Objects and Oracle JVM Utilities
            http://oracle.su/docs/11g/java.112/e10588/cheleven.htm#CACFHDJE
            >
            -jarasresource
            Instead of unpacking the JAR file and loading each class within it, loads the whole JAR file into the schema as a resource.
            . . .
            -jarsasdbobjects
            Indicates that JARs processed by the current loadjava tool command are to be stored in the database as database resident JARs.
            . . .
            • 3. Re: loading a jar file directly into oracle without unjaring
              thank you for guiding me.......

One more doubt i have... if the jar has been loaded directly in this way, how can we refer to the classes inside the jar file.....

pls help