2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 9:13 AM by Jaffee2 RSS

Moving a field inside a frame

Jaffee2
      I am trying to move a field inside of a frame, but the frame also moves when I move the field. The confine mode is set to off and the flex off field is off.
      Why is the whole frame moving along with the 1 field I am trying to move and the other fields inside of the frame?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Moving a field inside a frame
          Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
          Hi

pls check...

Confine Mode:
          ON: Child objects cannot be moved outside their enclosing parent object.
          OFF:Child objects can be moved outside their enclosing parent object.

Flex Mode:
          ON:Parent borders "stretch" when child objects are moved against them.
          OFF:Parent borders remain fixed when child objects are moved against them.
          Why is the whole frame moving along with the 1 field I am trying to move and the other fields inside of the frame? 
          pls set the confine mode on but beaware cause to turn it off before running & while moving or drawing it , every object field is related to it's object frame if it is not located inside it while running an error Will raise up.

When we set flex mode is ON then reports automatically resizes the parent when the child is cannot be moved outside its parent in the report layout.
          Amatu Allah
          • 2. Re: Moving a field inside a frame
            Jaffee2
            Thanks.

I tried your suggestion. It is working.