This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 8:34 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Concurrent logs access to finance consultant.

User498359-OC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a requirement where in our Oracle Finance consultant needs access to the Concurrent log files....

Is there any way where in i can give him the access to view other finance users log file???

For ex : If i am the finance manager and i have 5 employees reporting into me. The finance consultant should be able to access our Concurrent request log files only and not any other users.

Options?? Can we give him the access to only those employees log files ...user based...concurrent request based .....module based ...say only finance module.

Would appreciate your feedback...

Note : System administrator responsibility cannot be assigned to him.

Thanks,
Fahim.

Edited by: 893239 on Feb 7, 2013 12:03 AM
  • 1. Re: Concurrent logs access to finance consultant.
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions. Pl elaborate on why you have this special requirement. One option is to have the concurrent logs copied to a location that the consultant has access to - you will have to write custom code/triggers to achieve this.

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Concurrent logs access to finance consultant.
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    893239 wrote:
    Hi,

I have a requirement where in our Oracle Finance consultant needs access to the Concurrent log files....

Is there any way where in i can give him the access to view other finance users log file???

For ex : If i am the finance manager and i have 5 employees reporting into me. The finance consultant should be able to access our Concurrent request log files only and not any other users.

Options?? Can we give him the access to only those employees log files ...user based...concurrent request based .....module based ...say only finance module.

Would appreciate your feedback...

Thanks,
    Fahim.

Edited by: 893239 on Feb 7, 2013 12:03 AM
    Please see these docs/links.

Concurrent Report Access Level [ID 736547.1]
    How To See Log And Output Files Of Requests Ran By Other Users Using Same Resp In R12 [ID 563946.1]
    R12 RBAC Unable to View Output of Requests Submitted by other Users [ID 862812.1]
    In EBS R12 How Setup UMX / RBAC To View A User's Request Under Any Responsibility [ID 960405.1]
    How to View the Output of a Request Launched by Someone Else [ID 413382.1]

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Concurrent+AND+RBAC+&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Concurrent+AND+UMX&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points