1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 12:58 PM by userKaren Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Rendering a dynamic image(blob) in a BI Publisher Report via an RTF templat
        userKaren
        I was so excited that I finally saw the image that I did not stop to look for that mistake!
        Thank you for all of your help. My difficulty in getting this to work was not trying the right combination.

To make the solution clear for anyone else....while the Oracle documentation shows
        <xsl:value-of select="IMAGE_ELEMENT"/>
        What works is <xsl:value-of select=".//IMAGE_ELEMENT"/> in combination with your function xxgetbase64 described above.
        • 16. Re: Rendering a dynamic image(blob) in a BI Publisher Report via an RTF templat
          AlexAnd
          >
          To make the solution clear for anyone else....while the Oracle documentation shows
          What works is <xsl:value-of select=".//IMAGE_ELEMENT"/>
          >
          not quite true

>
          >
          this also works but with some statements about for-each as example like
          <?for-each:ROW?>
          <fo:instream-foreign-object content-type="image/jpg" ><xsl:value-of select="THEIMAGE"/></fo:instream-foreign-object>
          <?end for-each?>
          it's works for your test case. you can check it

for your test case you can change ".//IMAGE_ELEMENT" to "ROWSET/ROW/THEIMAGE" as
          <fo:instream-foreign-object content-type="image/jpg" ><xsl:value-of select="ROWSET/ROW/THEIMAGE"/></fo:instream-foreign-object>
          or
          <fo:instream-foreign-object content-type="image/jpg" ><xsl:value-of select="/ROWSET/ROW/THEIMAGE"/></fo:instream-foreign-object>
          it also works

it's xpath ;)
          • 17. Re: Rendering a dynamic image(blob) in a BI Publisher Report via an RTF templat
            userKaren
            Thanks...I need to learn xpath...and my problems aren't over yet. These are signatures that I am displaying on two different types of forms and I just realized that one of them needs to be in the footnote. I have been able to put variables in the footnote using the ?var? rather then the item name but I can I put an image in a footnote?? I tried putting the code in the footnote but to no avail. The page has a variable number of lines and thus the only way I know to keep the signature at the very bottom is via a footnote. I guess this is really a new question and if it goes any further I will post it as such.
            • 18. Re: Rendering a dynamic image(blob) in a BI Publisher Report via an RTF templat
              AlexAnd
              >
              I have been able to put variables in the footnote using the ?var? rather then the item name but I can I put an image in a footnote??
              >
              you can put variable or element like <?SOMEELEM?> but you can't use field in footer/header

>
              I guess this is really a new question and if it goes any further I will post it as such.
              >
              may be yes but ....
              you can solve your problem by subtemplate (look at link in Sub Template

so for your case in your main rtf file put
              <?template:TSGN?>
              <fo:instream-foreign-object content-type="image/jpg" ><xsl:value-of select=".//THEIMAGE"/></fo:instream-foreign-object>      (as field)
              <?end template?>
              and in footer
              <?call: TSGN?>
              and your image will be in footer and nowhere else then you run

http://andyblg.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=326
              >
              save as im.zip
              or
              save as -> change extension to .zip
              • 19. Re: Rendering a dynamic image(blob) in a BI Publisher Report via an RTF templat
                userKaren
                Worked perfectly! Thanks very much for all of your help!
                1 2 Previous Next