This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 11:56 PM by Christian Erlinger RSS

Windows Firewall option with 11gR2 Forms.

bhatt t Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Network PCs can access application on server only when I make "Windows Firewall Off" of my server.

But doing this could make my server more vulnerable and compromised with the security.

Tell me Is Windows Firewall must be Off with every Fusion Middleware 11gR2 Forms application ?

Can 11gR2 Forms have any alternative against Windows Firewall ?

Pl clear my doubts.

Warm Regards & Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Windows Firewall option with 11gR2 Forms.
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    Network PCs can access application on server only when I make "Windows Firewall Off" of my server.
    said who? You surely know how to configure your windows firewall, don't you? If you configure it properly you don't have to turn it off. For starters the port your Database Listens to connections (1521 by default) and the port your HTTP Server runs on should be allowed to accept connections and establish connections.

cheers
  • 2. Re: Windows Firewall option with 11gR2 Forms.
    bhatt t Newbie
    Thanks Chrisitian !

I have added Port No. 9001 in the exception list of Windows Firewall, now application
    is accessed by network PCs, alongwith "Windows Firewall On".

Guide me if any other Port No. is to be added .

Warm Regards.
  • 3. Re: Windows Firewall option with 11gR2 Forms.
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    9001 would be most certainly the port of WLS_FORMS; if you plan to use OHS which is installed when you install in deployment mode you should allow the listening port of the HTTP Server (see the httpd.conf in $INSTANCE_HOME/config/OHS/ohs1 and search for the Listen directive) instead port 9001. If you are having troubles connecting to the database you should allow outgoing connections to the listener port of your database (as said default would be 1521)

cheers

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points