2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 4:58 AM by 985680 RSS

ADF email notification based on calendar reminder

Hello All,

I am using jdeveloper 11.1.2.3.0. I have already implemented a calendar page in my application. Now my requirement is to implement a notification based on the calendar page(reminder).
      I thought about email notification.
      so my questions are :
      - does anyone have suggestions about the type of the notification ?
      - does anyone have a link for a blog or for a tutorial on how to set such a notification ?

I searched the internet and I didn't be able to find anything interesting so please I need your help.

Regards,

FARAJ
        • 1. Re: ADF email notification based on calendar reminder
          Frank Nimphius-Oracle
          Hi,

the question sounds familiar and was posted on this forum not so log ago. The calendar does not raise notification events so that your choice is (based on he business service serving the calendar model) Active Data Services or af:poll

1) Active Data Services: here push information into the ADF UI

2) af:poll here you have the client polling for a reminder

2 is easier to implement that 1. Both approaches are covered in the ADF Web Developer guide of the product documentation

Frank
          • 2. Re: ADF email notification based on calendar reminder
            Hello Frank , thanks for your reply, The reminder I want to use is an email notification. so I implementing the capability of email in my application using javamail API. So does the poll help me to send the email automatically ?
            My problem is now how to send an email automatically before the occurrence of an event.

thanks again.

FARAJ