We encountered an issue with JRockit and weblogic 10.3.5. Here are the details:
1. Trying to enable EL 2.2 (for JSF 2).
2. Enabled it the way specified in this blog:
3. Works perfectly fine when "Sun's JDK 1.6".
4. When we switch to JRockit, we get "java.lang.ClassNotFoundError: javax.el.ExpressionFactory".
1. set el-api-2.2.jar in PRE_CLASSPATH in setDomainEnv.bat/sh
2. Put in prefer-application-packages "<package-name>com.sun.el.*</package-name>" (removed <package-name>java.el.*</package-name>).
It's little surprising that it works fine in Sun's JDK, but Jrockit does not honor the prefer-application-packages for javax.el.*.
I am also experiencing exactly same problem. When I use SUN JDK for Weblogic, the application can be deployed and works fine. However, when I switch to JRockit, I cannot deploy, weblogic complains about javax/el/ExpressionFactory...
I've tried setting up PRECLASSPATH but that doesn't help. Wondering if any one has found a solution to this problem? I cannot switch to SUN as the corporate standard in production environment is JRockit.