This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 11:29 PM by user151917 RSS

ORA-00064

user151917 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Db 10.2.0.1
Windows

i changed session and processes parameter in init ora file to 2400 and 1200 after that the database is not starting giving below error.
ORA-00064: object is too large to allocate on this O/S (1,4358400)

When I changed both parameters 500 & 550 it worked

And also let me know is there any calculation to set the parameters of session and process example session value should be double of process value?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: ORA-00064
    sb92075 Guru
    user11969485 wrote:
    Db 10.2.0.1
    Windows

i changed session and processes parameter in init ora file to 2400 and 1200 after that the database is not starting giving below error.
    ORA-00064: object is too large to allocate on this O/S (1,4358400)

When I changed both parameters 500 & 550 it worked

And also let me know is there any calculation to set the parameters of session and process example session value should be double of process value?

Thanks
    Limit is controlled by OS configuration
  • 2. Re: ORA-00064
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Refer to
    ORA-00064: object is too large to allocate on this O/S [ID 283980.1]
    ORA-00064 Error Reported After Increasing Processes Parameter value [ID 1457812.1]
  • 3. Re: ORA-00064
    ***Anuj*** Journeyer
    SESSIONS specifies the maximum number of sessions that can be created in the system. Because every login requires a session, this parameter effectively determines the maximum number of concurrent users in the system. You should always set this parameter explicitly to a value equivalent to your estimate of the maximum number ofconcurrent users, plus the number of background processes, plus approximately 10% for recursive sessions.

PROCESSES specifies the maximum number of operating system user processes that can simultaneously connect to Oracle. Its value should allow for all background processes such as locks, job queue processes, and parallel execution processes. The default values of the SESSIONS and TRANSACTIONS parameters are derived from this parameter. Therefore, if you change the value of PROCESSES, you should evaluate whether to adjust the values of those derived parameters.

Check your operating system-specific Oracle documentation for the range of processes values

HTH
    Anuj
    http://www.oracle-12c.com/
  • 4. Re: ORA-00064
    user151917 Newbie
    I followed said docs and resolved the issue but I have a doubt “how to calculate which size I need to put there (init.ora) that error does not appear”

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points