This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 6:37 AM by Filip Huysmans RSS

Fields disappear in IE 8-9

Filip Huysmans Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone,

JDeveloper 11.1.2.2.0

We have a simple screen with 2 fields and a button, allowing the user to enter a string and upload an image.
This page is put into a taskflow and called as a second window from the original page.
The popup shows, the title of the popup (document title) shows, but the fields and button do not.
No errors are seen in the logging.
This all works fine in Firefox or Chrome, but not in IE.

Is this a know problem?

This is the code of the page itself:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="2.1" xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
          xmlns:af="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/faces/rich" xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core">
    <c:set var="viewcontrollerBundle" value="#{adfBundle['be.ctrb.welcome.view.ViewControllerBundle']}"/>
    <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"/>
    <f:view>
        <af:document id="d1" title="#{viewcontrollerBundle.CREATE_COMPANY}">
            <af:messages id="m1"/>
            <af:form id="f1" usesUpload="true">
                <af:panelFormLayout id="pfl1">
                    <f:facet name="footer"/>
                    <af:inputText value="#{bindings.Name.inputValue}" label="#{viewcontrollerBundle.COMPANY}"
                                  required="#{bindings.Name.hints.mandatory}"
                                  columns="25"
                                  maximumLength="#{bindings.Name.hints.precision}"
                                  shortDesc="#{bindings.Name.hints.tooltip}" id="it1" autoSubmit="true">
                        <f:validator binding="#{bindings.Name.validator}"/>
                    </af:inputText>
                    <af:inputFile label="#{viewcontrollerBundle.LOGO}" id="if1" autoSubmit="true"
                                  valueChangeListener="#{createCompanyBean.uploadFile}"/>
                </af:panelFormLayout>
                <af:commandButton text="Close" immediate="true"
                                  disabled="#{!bindings.Commit.enabled}" id="cb1" action="close"/>
            </af:form>
        </af:document>
    </f:view>
</jsp:root>
The taskflow has the following definition:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<adfc-config xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/controller" version="1.2">
  <task-flow-definition id="task-flow-popup-add-company-logo">
    <default-activity>CreateInsert</default-activity>
    <transaction>
      <requires-existing-transaction/>
    </transaction>
    <managed-bean id="__5">
      <managed-bean-name>createCompanyBean</managed-bean-name>
      <managed-bean-class>be.ctrb.welcome.view.mb.employee.createCompanyBean</managed-bean-class>
      <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
    </managed-bean>
    <view id="createCompany">
      <page>/pages/createCompany.jspx</page>
    </view>
    <task-flow-return id="closePopup">
      <outcome>
        <name>closePopup</name>
      </outcome>
    </task-flow-return>
    <method-call id="CreateInsert">
      <method>#{bindings.CreateInsert.execute}</method>
      <outcome>
        <fixed-outcome>CreateInsert</fixed-outcome>
      </outcome>
    </method-call>
    <control-flow-rule id="__3">
      <from-activity-id>createCompany</from-activity-id>
      <control-flow-case id="__4">
        <from-outcome>close</from-outcome>
        <to-activity-id>closePopup</to-activity-id>
      </control-flow-case>
    </control-flow-rule>
    <control-flow-rule id="__1">
      <from-activity-id>CreateInsert</from-activity-id>
      <control-flow-case id="__2">
        <to-activity-id>createCompany</to-activity-id>
      </control-flow-case>
    </control-flow-rule>
  </task-flow-definition>
</adfc-config>
Thank you in advance.

Filip Huysmans
  • 1. Re: Fields disappear in IE 8-9
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Filip,

usually if something works on other browsers then it indicates a platform specific bug. So if you can, test with 11.2.3 and if it reproduces there, file a service request with support.

Frank
  • 2. Re: Fields disappear in IE 8-9
    Filip Huysmans Newbie
    Hi Frank,

In the 11.1.2.3 release I got a 404-error.
    In the access.log file of the server I see the following :
    192.168.0.101 - reception [11/Feb/2013:20:41:05 +0100] "GET /faces/task-flow-popup-add-company-logo/createCompany?_adf.ctrl-state=h20hdcdme_22 HTTP/1.1" 200 7823 
    192.168.0.101 - reception [11/Feb/2013:20:41:05 +0100] "GET /faces/task-flow-popup-add-company-logo/createCompany?_adf.ctrl-state=h20hdcdme_22 HTTP/1.1" 200 1207 
    192.168.0.101 - reception [11/Feb/2013:20:41:05 +0100] "GET /faces/task-flow-popup-add-company-logo/createCompany HTTP/1.1" 200 1236 
    192.168.0.101 - reception [11/Feb/2013:20:41:05 +0100] "GET /faces/task-flow-popup-add-company-logo/createCompany?_adf.ctrl-state=h20hdcdme_26 HTTP/1.1" 404 1214 
    How does one get-request for a certain user returns a 200 and a next one a 404?

Using firefox I only see the following line in the access.log file :
    192.168.0.101 - reception [11/Feb/2013:21:05:59 +0100] "POST /faces/task-flow-popup-add-company-logo/createCompany?_adf.ctrl-state=9q7eadl6f_22 HTTP/1.1" 200 283 
    Any idea?

Thank you in advance.
  • 3. Re: Fields disappear in IE 8-9
    Filip Huysmans Newbie
    Hello everyone,

I did found a solution for the problem, but I do not understand the cause for the problem we were seeing.

Situation: we have 5 real pages (jsf) containing each a different TF. To allow the end-user to navigate between the pages, we used the parent-action call feature of the taskflow. This resulted in a visually correct working application, were the end-user was able to navigate between the different pages, until we saw the problem with the small popup (which is a TF in itself).

Solution: replace the parent-action calls with the actuall TF call. Seems straightforward, but needed to implement some logic to prevent from issuing a new instance of the TF's each time. So adding a router in each TF to determine whether to open a new instance of a TF or closing the current TF was needed, to prevent the application of consuming too much memory. A bit cumbersome, but it seems to be working correctly.

Open question(s): why did we have the problem only in IE and not in FF nor Chrome? Why did we get a 404 in the 11.1.2.3 release (this actually putted me on the track of verifying the security)? Why didn't we got error messages in JDeveloper nor WLS? What is really happening when we did such a parent-call? Was the current TF being closed?

I hope this can help some people with the same issues.

Filip Huysmans.
  • 4. Re: Fields disappear in IE 8-9
    Lars Hansen Newbie

Greetings FilipHuysmans!

I am currently experiencing a similar problem. I would be grateful to you if you can explain me the adding a router part. How can i add it and determine whether to open a ne instance or close the current one of the task flow?

• 5. Re: Fields disappear in IE 8-9
    Filip Huysmans Newbie

Hi Lars,

I think it boills down to the fact that something before the call of the screen that behaved strange; goes wrong.

In this case it was the concept of using a parent call that made things behave strange.

In another case it was the fact that we used the refresh page functionality.  So try to report the problem back to the essential and when removing

functionality, see when things start going wrong.

Sorry I can not be more helpfull.

Filip

• 6. Re: Fields disappear in IE 8-9
    Lars Hansen Newbie

Hi Filip,

Every reply is helpull and welcomed, so you don't have to be sorry

Unfortunately, i don't use any parent call, or page refresh. The content of the task flow is simple enough itself .But my case it's different, so the resolution should be different too (if it exist).

Thank you so much for the reply anyway!

• 7. Re: Fields disappear in IE 8-9
    Filip Huysmans Newbie

Hi,

can you share your app, so I can take a look?

Filip