This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
ORA-00308: cannot open archived log '/oradump/arch/PROD/PROD_arch_1_69486_736618850.arc'is this archive log present on above destination
ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory
post output of
ls -ltr /oradump/arch/PROD/PROD_arch_1_69486_736618850.arc
also post error msg while applying incremental backup.
if you are using the cold backup to create the standby database, Check that have you followed the following steps or not.
all the datafiles and controlfiles from the standby database.
2. Create a new standby controlfile of the production for standby using the following cmd
'alter database create standby controlfile as 'Location';'
3. move the new controlfile to standby database server location as specified in initialization parameter file.
4. Restore all the datafiles to its appropriate loaction which was taken through cold backup.
5. startup nomount
6. alter database mount standby database;
7. recover standby database.
scp the archive log sequence that is asked by the database, from production.
You can try this steps.
1. check that log_archive_format is the same for primary and standby
2. put all logs to some directory, ex. /dir1
alter database recover automatic from '/dir1' standby database;
1 person found this helpful
987512 wrote:Do Roll Forwarding of Standby Database which is the easier way to bring Primary and Standby SYNC when archive logs are not available.
Is there a way to re-create the standby clean and ensure that the log chain that is currently broken gets fixed or reset?
Rolling a Standby Forward using an RMAN Incremental Backup in 10g onwards [ID 290814.1]
Mark your Post as Answered or Helpful if Your question is answered.
Thanks & Regards,
Email : email@example.com
Edited by: Step Into Oracle DBA on Feb 12, 2013 5:16 AM
Thank you everyone for your responses. I've seen the roll forward article.
I'm pretty sure I followed those directions properly before without success, but now I have it the standby up and receiving new archive logs after performing the complete cold backup and recover method.
Question is marked as answered.