3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 8:20 AM by EdStevens RSS

query

I need information on how to store the output of a query so that i can use that output in a report. I want to create a report, using crystal reports, with the output of a query. I am not allowed to create views or procedures on the database.
        • 1. Re: query
          Marcus Rangel
          Why can't you simply build the report using this query ? I mean, save the query as part of the crystal reports file so it will be executed every time someone uses your report ? It's been a long time since I used Crystal, but I'm pretty sure it can still do that.
          • 2. Re: query
            thanks a lot but what i need is for the report to be generated on an updated table. every time the table updates, any report generated after then must be based on the new table information.
            • 3. Re: query
              EdStevens
              987396 wrote:
              thanks a lot but what i need is for the report to be generated on an updated table. every time the table updates, any report generated after then must be based on the new table information.
              Isn't that exactly what basing the report on a query to the original table does? The report is built on a query. When the report is generated, it executes the query, which returns the current data from the table.