5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 7:48 AM by Lucas W. RSS

Unable to Delete Item (Folder_g)

Lucas W.
      Hello WebCenter Content masters,

I am currently facing a quiet disturbing issue with contribution folders. Let me explain :

I have 1000 (one thousand) folders under a parent folder, named by numbers from 000 to 999, like this :

/Contribution Folders/ROOT/PARENT/000/
      /Contribution Folders/ROOT/PARENT/001/
      /Contribution Folders/ROOT/PARENT/002/
      ... ... ...
      /Contribution Folders/ROOT/PARENT/998/
      /Contribution Folders/ROOT/PARENT/999/

The fact is that I have hundreds of thousands documents I want to split and classify, to have a better readability of my content.

However, it seems that I cannot delete these numbered folders anymore, nor their content.
      When I try to remove a folder through the web interface (i.e. wccserver:16200/cs/), I get the following error message after few seconds :
      Content Server Request Failed
      Unable to delete items. One or more operations could not be completed.
      Unable to delete specified virtual folder. Unable to delete folder.

Or this one when I try to delete a content item :
      Content Server Request Failed
      Unable to delete items. One or more operations could not be completed.
      Unable to execute service COLLECTION_DELETE_ITEM and function deleteContent.

I tried to remove several items at once, then one by one. Also tried to remove the parent folder... but nothing worked, and I always get an error message.

I also have some RIDC java scripts to do so. And with this method, I manage to remove content items individually (DELETE_DOC), to remove empty folders (COLLECTION_DELETE) but I get a 33 seconds timeout error on non-empty folders (on both COLLECTION_DELETE and COLLECTION_DELETE_ALL services) even if the exception takes way more time to be raised.

So, my question is : have you guys ever come across this kind of trouble? How can I deal with it?
      Thanks for your time.
        • 1. Re: Unable to Delete Item (Folder_g)
          Frank Abela -Oracle
          Luke,

Not seen this one. The messages you report simply state that the server could not perform the function, but not why. So you need to switch on verbose tracing with folder*, systemdatabase, requestaudit. Then try to delete a folder and see what the tracing says.
          • 2. Re: Unable to Delete Item (Folder_g)
            Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
            I think you should first try to find the root cause - can you check the log if it gives you more details? Alternatively, you could also try to archive the items via the Archiver - maybe, it will be even more descriptive where the problem is (I'd expect it will end up with the same error).
            • 3. Re: Unable to Delete Item (Folder_g)
              Lucas W.
              Thank you for you answers.

I opened the "System Audit Information" page, checked the "Full Verbose Tracing" option and added the "folder*" active section, but I cannot find where these traces went.

All I can see from the UCM server logs is some exceptions like this one :
              *from UCM_server1-diagnostic.log*
              [2013-02-12T17:30:01.260+01:00] [UCM_server1] [ERROR] [UCM-CS-000001] [oracle.ucm.idccs] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '8' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: b194c84eb63882cc:-6dcede32:13ccdd9c10f:-8000-0000000000d15b4e,0] [APP: Oracle WebCenter Content - Content Server] general exception
              [2013-02-12T17:30:01.260+01:00] [UCM_server1] [ERROR] [UCM-CS-000001] [oracle.ucm.idccs] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '8' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: b194c84eb63882cc:-6dcede32:13ccdd9c10f:-8000-0000000000d15b4e,0] [APP: Oracle WebCenter Content - Content Server] general exception[[
              intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csCollectionUnableToDeleteCollections!csCollectionUnableDeleteChild
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.buildServiceException(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:2115)
              at intradoc.server.Service.buildServiceException(Service.java:2326)
              at intradoc.server.Service.createServiceExceptionEx(Service.java:2320)
              at collections.CollectionStructure.forceDelete(CollectionStructure.java:3077)
              at collections.CollectionUserHandler.deleteCollection(CollectionUserHandler.java:2442)
              at collections.CollectionUserHandler.removeCollectionInCollection(CollectionUserHandler.java:4407)
              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1437.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
              at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(IdcMethodHolder.java:86)
              at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:324)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:79)
              at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:603)
              at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:575)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1643)
              at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:547)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1458)
              at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:542)
              at collections.HelperHandler.executeCommand(HelperHandler.java:609)
              at collections.HelperHandler.executeOnEach(HelperHandler.java:507)
              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1442.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:324)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1643)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1458)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1391)
              at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:528)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:737)
              at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1956)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:437)
              at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.processRequest(IdcServerThread.java:265)
              at intradoc.idcwls.IdcServletRequestUtils.doRequest(IdcServletRequestUtils.java:1354)
              at intradoc.idcwls.IdcServletRequestUtils.processFilterEvent(IdcServletRequestUtils.java:1731)
              at intradoc.idcwls.IdcIntegrateWrapper.processFilterEvent(IdcIntegrateWrapper.java:222)
              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor376.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at idcservlet.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(IdcMethodHolder.java:87)
              at idcservlet.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodEx(ClassHelperUtils.java:305)
              at idcservlet.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodWithArgs(ClassHelperUtils.java:278)
              at idcservlet.ServletUtils.executeContentServerIntegrateMethodOnConfig(ServletUtils.java:1704)
              at idcservlet.IdcFilter.doFilter(IdcFilter.java:457)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
              at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter$1.run(JpsAbsFilter.java:119)
              at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsSubject.doAsPrivileged(JpsSubject.java:315)
              at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:442)
              at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.runJaasMode(JpsAbsFilter.java:103)
              at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.doFilter(JpsAbsFilter.java:171)
              at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsFilter.doFilter(JpsFilter.java:71)
              at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:139)
              at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:442)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3730)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3696)
              at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
              at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2273)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2179)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1490)
              at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)
              at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)

]]

[2013-02-12T17:30:01.306+01:00] [UCM_server1] [ERROR] [UCM-CS-000001] [oracle.ucm.idccs] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '8' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: b194c84eb63882cc:-6dcede32:13ccdd9c10f:-8000-0000000000d15b4e,0] [APP: Oracle WebCenter Content - Content Server] general exception[[
              intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csCollectionUnableToDelete!csCollectionOneOrMore!$

!csCollectionUnableToDeleteCollections!csCollectionUnableDeleteChild
              *ScriptStack COLLECTION_DELETE_LOT
              3:executeOnEach,**no captured values**
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.buildServiceException(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:2115)
              at intradoc.server.Service.buildServiceException(Service.java:2326)
              at intradoc.server.Service.createServiceExceptionEx(Service.java:2320)
              at intradoc.server.Service.createServiceException(Service.java:2315)
              at collections.HelperHandler.executeOnEach(HelperHandler.java:541)
              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1442.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1391)
              at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:528)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:737)
              at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1956)
              at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:437)
              at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.processRequest(IdcServerThread.java:265)
              at intradoc.idcwls.IdcServletRequestUtils.doRequest(IdcServletRequestUtils.java:1354)
              at intradoc.idcwls.IdcServletRequestUtils.processFilterEvent(IdcServletRequestUtils.java:1731)
              at intradoc.idcwls.IdcIntegrateWrapper.processFilterEvent(IdcIntegrateWrapper.java:222)
              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor376.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at idcservlet.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(IdcMethodHolder.java:87)
              at idcservlet.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodEx(ClassHelperUtils.java:305)
              at idcservlet.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodWithArgs(ClassHelperUtils.java:278)
              at idcservlet.ServletUtils.executeContentServerIntegrateMethodOnConfig(ServletUtils.java:1704)
              at idcservlet.IdcFilter.doFilter(IdcFilter.java:457)
              at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:139)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3730)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3696)
              at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
              at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2273)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2179)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1490)
              at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)
              at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)

]]>

I guess this is not much of a help, uh?
              • 4. Re: Unable to Delete Item (Folder_g)
                Fabian Scherpenzeel
                It does help to locate the issue, here is/are the problem(s):

at collections.CollectionStructure.forceDelete(CollectionStructure.java:3077)
                at collections.HelperHandler.executeOnEach(HelperHandler.java:541)

[edit]
                Traces (only the most recent stuff) are reachable from the option 'View Server Output' from the "System Audit Information" page.
                They can also be found @ $UCM_HOME/data/trace/

Edited by: Fabian Scherpenzeel on Feb 12, 2013 9:02 AM
                • 5. Re: Unable to Delete Item (Folder_g)
                  Lucas W.
                  Hi again.

Just a little feedback on my issue.
                  I did not find the reason, but after some operations it seems I can delete items and empty contribution folders again, from the web interface.
                  I ran a "Collection Rebuild Cycle" (in Repository Manager admin applet), which lasted 17 hours (1.2m items) and fixed everything, except for deleting non-empty folders.
                  As for the use of the IDC service COLLECTION_DELETE_ALL and COLLECTION_DELETE. I had to go back over my code to manually empty a cotribution folder, by listing and removing on by one each content item with DELETE_DOC.
                  I will settle for this.

Cheers~