This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2013 8:45 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances

875448 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

In my iProcurement screens, we are invoking the DB api to perform a validation based on the profile option value.

We are using the frameworks api FND_PROFILE.value to get the profile option value in the package. But in one node value of the profile option is coming NULL and after switching to another node, it is returning the right value.

Any idea, how to solve this issue. Due to this issue, it is failing validation. Any idea could be of great help. Thanks

Regards,
Soorya
  • 1. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.
    In my iProcurement screens, we are invoking the DB api to perform a validation based on the profile option value.
    What is the API you are using?
    We are using the frameworks api FND_PROFILE.value to get the profile option value in the package. But in one node value of the profile option is coming NULL and after switching to another node, it is returning the right value.
    You should get the same value from either node. Can you please post the value you get from one node (where it is reading from)?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    875448 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

Thanks for your response. Sorry the delayed response.

Database     Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
    Operating System     SunOS 5.10
    Application Version: R12.1.3

We have our custom package and fetch the profile option value as follows

---------
    FUNCTION IS_XXX(
                                  p_xxx IN VARCHAR
                                  ,p_yyy IN NUMBER
                                  )RETURN BOOLEAN
    IS
    v_flag     NUMBER;
    v_count           NUMBER;
    BEGIN

v_flag     :=fnd_profile.value('XXXX_FLAG');

-------------------------
    v_flag value is coming NULL when it is in one node and it is giving some value(for example., 86) when it is in different node.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Soorya
  • 3. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    Soorya,

How are you connected to the database? Are you connected using an instance name or database name?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    875448 Newbie
    Hussein,

I hope, you might be aware of OAF(Oracle Application Framework) screens. From OAF AMimpl.java, we are invoking this custom package. So DB connections would be taken care by OAF architecture itself.

Regards,
    Soorya
  • 5. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Do you have multiple load-balanced application servers ? If so, one app server might have an old cached profile value.

Profile Option Changes are not Being Reflected in the E-Business suite [ID 1269332.1]

HTH
    Srini
  • 6. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    I hope, you might be aware of OAF(Oracle Application Framework) screens. From OAF AMimpl.java, we are invoking this custom package. So DB connections would be taken care by OAF architecture itself.
    Again, what connection method is used here? Are you connected to the instance or the database?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 7. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    875448 Newbie
    Hi Srini,

Thanks. Yes it is multiple load balanced server. I doubt, suggested note will help me in this issue. This issue is happening when it tries to switch from one node to another. Please have a look at below logs from the FND logs table.

LOG_LEVEL MESSAGE_TEXT     SESSION_ID     USER_ID     TIMESTAMP     LOG_SEQUENCE     ENCODED     NODE
    1     inside XXXX     160776425     28154     08-FEB-13     13782521     N     XXX2v
    1     id:40173     160776425 28154     08-FEB-13     13782526     N     XXX2v
    1     XXX_NAME     160776425 28154     08-FEB-13     13782554     N     XXX2v(Null value for the profile option XXX_NAME)
    1     inside XXX     209720630     28154     08-FEB-13     13846578     N     XXX1v
    1     id:40173     209720630 28154     08-FEB-13     13846579     N     XXX1v
    1     XXX_NAME+86+     209720630 28154     08-FEB-13     13846582     N     XXX1v (Value 86 coming properly)

Is there any other note available with suggestion would be help me better.

Regards,
    Soorya
  • 8. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    875448 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

OAF screens establishes connections through .dbc files in EBiz.

APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574))(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574))(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574))(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=xxx)))
    FND_JDBC_STMT_CACHE_SIZE=100
    TWO_TASK=scpz_BALANCE
    JDBC\:oracle.jdbc.maxCachedBufferSize=358400
    JDBC\:processEscapes=true
    FND_MAX_JDBC_CONNECTIONS=500
    FND_JDBC_USABLE_CHECK=false
    FNDNAM=APPS
    FND_JDBC_PLSQL_RESET=false
    DB_PORT=1574
    FND_JDBC_CONTEXT_CHECK=true
    FND_JDBC_BUFFER_DECAY_SIZE=5
    DB_HOST=xxx

Regards,
    Soorya
  • 9. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574))(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574))(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574))(ADDRESS\=(PROTOCOL\=tcp)(HOST\=xxx)(PORT\=1574)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=xxx)))
    What hostname is used here? Is it one of the RAC servers where you can get the value from?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 10. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    Pl elaborate on why you think the note is not applicable. Have you bounced the services on both application tiers after the profile changes were made ?

HTH
    Srini
  • 11. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    875448 Newbie
    Hi Srini,

As per this note, i have checked the setup of clearing the cache of profile options through functional administrator. I could see the status is disabled when i queried to clear the cache specifically for the profile options.
    Also our DBA have bounced both the nodes after changing the profile option.

One doubt is, do we need to bounce the apache for profile option change?. Would it be required? Because for some of my profile options giving the proper changed value even after haven't bounce the apache.

Regards,
    Sooryakumar Thoppan
  • 12. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    Bouncing of the apps services is sometimes needed if clearing the cache using the Functional Administrator responsibility does not help.

This seems to be a custom profile option. Did this ever work as expected before ? Do other custom profile options show the same behavior ?

HTH
    Srini
  • 13. Re: FND_PROFILE.VALUE profile behavior in RAC instances
    Please answer the question from my last post -- What hostname is used here? Is it one of the RAC servers where you can get the value from?

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points