4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 9:57 PM by Seb L RSS

CalcManager CmdLnLauncher

Seb L
      Hi all,

Anyones knows if the CalcManager CmdLnLauncher can be installed on non Planning servers?

We have Planning 11.1.2.2.300 on Linux and FDM 11.2.2.200 on Windows 2008. When exporting Essbase data via FDM we receive the following error:

"Consolidate failed.Error running command launcher for :d:\FDM_scripts\fdmloads\AUS_LOC.xml. Please contact application support"

The problem is we dont seem to be able to find a separate installer in 11.1.2.2.

Thanks for your help.
      Seb
        • 1. Re: CalcManager CmdLnLauncher
          JohnGoodwin
          I have never tried but I know Oracle used to say this about trying to run planning utilities on different servers - "Planning utilities are designed to be run on the server on which they have been installed. They do not have the capability to connect to a remote server."

I think they would have given the ability to install utility on its own if it was possible, no harm in asking Oracle directly though to see what their view on it is now.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: CalcManager CmdLnLauncher
            Seb L
            Thanks John

In 11.1.2.1 we had a separate CmdLnLauncher however there does not appear to be one for 11.1.2.2.

PS have raised a bug for this.

Im not sure I understand how FDM can possibly work with Planning then unless both are installed on the same box...

Ill let you know once I hear back from them.
            Seb
            • 3. Re: CalcManager CmdLnLauncher
              JohnGoodwin
              Seb L wrote:
              In 11.1.2.1 we had a separate CmdLnLauncher however there does not appear to be one for 11.1.2.2.
              If you had a separate one in then 11.1.2.1 then I am sure it must be possible in 11.1.2.2 because the architecture has not massively changed between them versions.

Anyway do let us know how you get on as its always good to know.

Cheers

John
              http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
              • 4. Re: CalcManager CmdLnLauncher
                Seb L
                I managed to get the CalcMgrCmdLnLauncher to work on the HSS/CalcManager server (running on Linux) as follows:

1)     On the HSS/CalcManager server, under /instance/hyperion/user_projects/epmsystem_svrname, create a Planning/planning1 directory
                2)     Assign Write access to both directories
                3)     Copy the CalcMgrCmdLineLauncher.sh and setHpenv.sh from the Planning server to the newly created planning1 folder on the HSS/CalcManager server

Update the EPM_PLANNING_INSTANCE variable in the CalcMgrCmdLineLaucnger.sh to point to +/instance/hyperion/user_projects/epmsystem_svrname/Planning/planning1+For the setHPenv.sh, update the following parameter:

EPM_PLANNING_INSTANCE=/instance/hyperion/user_projects/epmsystem_svrname/Planning/planning1
                and ensure the following paths exist (Essbase RTC must be installed):

EPM_SHARED_LIB_PATH=/twrl17/hyperion/EPMSystem11R1/lib:/twrl17/hyperion/EPMSystem11R1/common/EssbaseRTC-64/11.1.2.0/bin

4) To test the utility create a test rule, PASS.txt password file (using the password encryption utility) and Variables.xml
                5) Run the following command from the /planning1 directory on the HSS/CalcManager server: +./CalcMgrCmdLineLauncher.sh -f:PASS.txt /A:appname /U:admin /D:dbname /R:rulename /F:Variables.xml+

Still trying to figure out if the utility can be run on the FDM server (Windows). This is proving a little tricky as there is no Windows installer for Planning 11.1.2.2. Any input would be appreciated ;-)

Seb