This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 9:18 PM by Damir Vadas RSS

Manually recreate login mobile page problem

Damir Vadas Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!

I have made an app with two interfaces Desktop and Mobile. After that I have created many pages in Desktop and Mobile part.

By mistake I have deleted login mobile page and now I have a problem to recreate it.

1) When I try to recreate login page in a standard way-all the time only login for desktop interface is created (no option to tell that I want for mobile interface).
2) if I made mobile interface as default and then create new login-result is the same-desktop version is made, regardless.

Then I come to idea to delete mobile interface and create it again. In that process I know that home and login pages are automatically created. But Apex doesn't allow me to delete interface when there is pages that depend on this interface. And to delete all pages in mobile just to create one page sound stupid to me.

So is there any help to make that possible?

rg,
Damir Vadas
http://damir-vadas.blogspot.com
  • 1. Re: Manually recreate login mobile page problem
    Dennis DS Newbie
    Hi Damir,

I think your page gets generated using the default login page template (which is desktop).

How about creating a new mobile application the way you created the old one and copying its login page to your old application? Then delete the new application? Would that work?
    Or maybe you have to change its template to a mobile one. By generating the login page it might use the default login template which is for desktop.

I have not much experience with mobile yet though, but that's what I often did with generated pages of which I didn't know how to recreate myself.

Regards,
    Dennis
  • 2. Re: Manually recreate login mobile page problem
    Damir Vadas Newbie
    Denes,
    I have tried to change the interface and no result, as written in initial post.

I think that this easy task should be done in a more easier way. So all other seems to me too complicated...until I get official reply that this is the only way.

After all this is just ordinary new page.
    :-)
  • 3. Re: Manually recreate login mobile page problem
    scott.wesley Guru
    Here is what seems to be the original thread
    Re: Problem with LOGIN_THROTTLE.COUNTER on login page

Damir, I wouldn't dismiss Dennis' suggestion of copying a mobile page from another application - that's probably the best way to accurately restore your page and it's background attributes, since you're having trouble doing this by recreating the page.

I tried to get an app in the same state as yours (desktop & mobile ui but no mobile login page) and in page creation wizard I was asked for what interface I wished to create a login page.

Is the real issue your throttling problem?

I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum if you're chasing an "official reply". Christian Neumueller responded to your other post - is that what you're chasing?
  • 4. Re: Manually recreate login mobile page problem
    Damir Vadas Newbie
    Scott,
    THX for your reply.
    Here is what seems to be the original thread
    This is not true, this was related to other thread and this one is totally different, IMHO.

Denis suggestion is Ok and it is working one, this is sure.
    I tried to get an app in the same state as yours (desktop & mobile ui but no mobile login page) and in page creation wizard I was asked for what interface I wished to create a login page.
    Here is mine picture of App builder create Login page wizzard (page reference http://xxx:8080/apex/f?p=4000:500:"):
    http://sites.google.com/site/vadasovi/temp/create_login_page_problem.png

As you can see, there is no option that you are saying (choosing Interface) and this makes me confused.
    I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum if you're chasing an "official reply".
    Wrong term indeed. But if I cannot create ordinary page and have make things as export/import page then I think something is wrong. I could't believe that this is the only way to do this. This is why I need "second eye".

And I'm glad about Christian respond which admit smaller strange things (icons and representation level) when you change alias name. If you read mine reply to him you'll see there is (in mine case at least) additional issues which I'm waiting to be confirmed or denial.

Nothing more or less .... and once again apologize for term "official". Really was not adequate, and once again your reply is confirmation that second eye, you, was enough to look for some other problems that only I have.

Hope now is more clear all.
    THX
    Damir Vadas
  • 5. Re: Manually recreate login mobile page problem
    scott.wesley Guru
    They don't appear different as you suggest the issues are related, and 2 of them talk about login page aliases.
    Perhaps:
    This thread = create login page creates "dynamic form"
    "weired security" = alias issues
    Closed threat = throttle - caused by page being "dynamic form" not "login"
    I don't understand this. Are you saying copying from another app is a suitable workaround?

The page wizard step you attached - go back to the page selection. Above all the page types is a User Interface radio group.

No need to export/import page - copy from another app will do.
  • 6. Re: Manually recreate login mobile page problem
    Damir Vadas Newbie
    scott.wesley (grassroots-oracle.com) wrote:
    The page wizard step you attached - go back to the page selection. Above all the page types is a User Interface radio group.
    Hell ... you are right! Haven't noticed that ... thinking in Apex 4.0 way .... have to translate. As allways, picture says more then 1000 words ....
    8-)
    I don't understand this. Are you saying copying from another app is a suitable workaround?
    Yes, if there is no anything else ...
    No need to export/import page - copy from another app will do.
    I know that ...

THX
    Damir Vadas

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points