This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 6:18 AM by 981616 RSS

DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up

990113 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have recently installed DAC 11G with all the relevant combinations software (Oracle Database 11G, OBIEE 11G, DAC 11G and Informatica 9.1.0) on a 64 bit Windows server. Everything is working fine except for the DAC server. In version 11G, there is no separate component to start the server as we have it in earlier versions. When the Client option is clicked, it runs the server and opens the client but it is not really connected to the server.

If I go to the startserver.bat and execute it, I get the below message.

" Windows cannot find '-server'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again :

Content in the startserver.bat

title Oracle DAC Server
call config.bat

Rem Uncomment the below if you want to see a DOS window with messages.
Rem and comment out the JAVAW line.
Rem
Rem %JAVA% -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -cp %DACCLASSPATH% com.siebel.etl.net.QServer
Rem

start %JAVAW% -server -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -cp %DACCLASSPATH% com.siebel.etl.net.QServer

Options I have tried:
I have also tried all combinations of updating the server name (system name) as localhost or the actual name of the system.
Update the config.bat with the server information but the error keeps popping up.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you for your time and suggestions on this.

Regards,
Sid
  • 1. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    986695 Newbie
    Hi Sid,

Please change the config.bat to below

uncomment the Java command and comment the JAVAW command as below and try starting the server.

%JAVA% -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -cp %DACCLASSPATH% com.siebel.etl.net.QServer
    Rem
    Rem start %JAVAW% -server -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -cp %DACCLASSPATH% com.siebel.etl.net.QServer

Please mark helpful if it helps.
  • 2. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    990113 Newbie
    Hi Sampat,

Thank you.

Yes, it did stop giving the message but the server is not started as such.

I am using the DAC authentication mode and I am at the step where I need to create the Datawarehouse set up. That option is greyed out.

Also, when I click on the start server in that option, it says I am using the web based server. I am not sure what that means and I do not remember configuring that part.

Regards,
    Sid
  • 3. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    986695 Newbie
    Goto Tools -> DAC Server Management -> Repository Configuration and change the mode from Web to Standalone and provide the host, alt host and port details.

Now close the client and re-open the client and start the server. It should startup.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Please mark correct if it works.
  • 4. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    981616 Newbie
    What setup we need to give in standalone mode.

I gave Host: localhost
    Alternative Hosts: Unspecified
    Port: 3141

and saved it but after restarting server didn't start.
  • 5. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    990113 Newbie
    Hi,

You should execute StandaloneServersetup.sh in DAC Server and set the correct server details and then restart the server.

Regards,
    Sid
  • 6. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    981616 Newbie
    I didn't understand SID. Could you please be more clear. I gave you the server details in my post, what else i am missing?

regards,
    Srikanth
  • 7. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    986695 Newbie
    open command prompt and goto bifoundation\dac folder and run standaloneServerSetup.bat and follow the steps and specify the repository connection information and save changes and then restart the services....

need to close and re-open the DAC client....
  • 8. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    981616 Newbie
    I did and it is same as DAC server setup and i could able to Test that connection. Problem is the connection still showing Red plug. I have ServerPort as 4006 and Informatica port is 6005 and DAC Repository Name is DAC and Informatica Repository is SRIRST and integration service name is SRIINT. And Repository Configuration in DAC in Standalone mode is 3141.

regards,
    Srikanth
  • 9. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    990113 Newbie
    Any messages in the logs related to this ?
  • 10. Re: DAC 11G Installation - Server Does not start up
    981616 Newbie
    Actually i see the status changed to Orange after reinstalling the DAC11 with all these setup. But still i have an issue with Informatica Servers. I could not able to connect them... I used the proper connections for Repository and Integration services... I am using 4006 as Integration ServerPort and 6005 as Repository port.

Do you guys see any issues with 64 bit informatica with 64 bit Oracle and ODBC connections? I have win 7 64bit OS and all 64 bit softwares. But i think informatica by default points to 32 bit ODBC. Not sure how to change this to 64 bit ODBC. 64 bit ODBC (odbcad32.exe) will be in c:/windows/system32 and 32 bit odbc(odbcad32.exe) will be in c:/windows/syswow64 folder... Right now i see informatica pointing 32 bit ODBC. Any body knows how we can point informatica to 64 bit ODBC? There is a powmart.ini file contains all these ODBCDLL files. Oracle=ORAODBC.DLL, but not sure where this file was referred in informatica installations. Anybody has any clue and how we can point informatica 64bit software to 64 bit ODBC?

Srikanth

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points