3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 2:21 AM by user248025 RSS

How to use prompts in OBIEE Answers as well as in Dashboard prompt?

Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding prompts in OBIEE. In one of my report, I have created an analysis part and Dashboard Prompt part and placed it in the Dashboard. In the Analysis part, i have applied a filter for which the condition given is - is prompted. And in the dashboard_prompt section for the same column, I have given the condition - is equal to. For this condition the report is retrieving correct answer.

But my query is, can i give a default value for the filter in criteria section. And in the Dashboard prompt if the choose different value other than the default value and run the report. Will it display only the report which was filtered for default value or it will take the new value and run for it.

Thank in Advance,
      Thenmozhi
        • 1. Re: How to use prompts in OBIEE Answers as well as in Dashboard prompt?
          user248025
          Hi,

It will give you only the report which was filtered values (matched with dashboad prompt values).

Thanks
          Deva
          • 2. Re: How to use prompts in OBIEE Answers as well as in Dashboard prompt?
            Hi Deva,

But i tried with a simple scott RPD. It has two tables DEP and EMP. In the criteria section i dragged and dropped 4 columns. DEPNO, DNAME, ENAME AND SALARY. And in the criteria filter section, i added the column "DNAME" and chose the static filter as "ACCOUNTING". when i clicked on the results tab. It displayed the results related to DNAME-ACCOUNTING. After that, I created a dashboard_Prompt in which i chose the column prompt and the column as DNAME and the condition i gave is - equal to. In the Dashboard section, I dragged and dropped both the Dashboard_Prompt and Analysis. In the Dashboard, in Dashboard_Prompt section is chose the value "RESEARCH". Now the default analysis that was displaying the results related DNAME-ACCOUNTING changed and filtered the data related to DNAME-RESEARCH.

By this experiment, I guess giving static value in criteria and changing it in the Dashboard_prompt will work. Is it right?

Thanks
            Thenmozhi
            • 3. Re: How to use prompts in OBIEE Answers as well as in Dashboard prompt?
              user248025
              Hi,

Yes, it will override the analysis filter values based on dashboard prompt values.

Ex: in your analysis filter u have Column County set as "India" and your dashboard prompt selected value is "Singapore" then the o/p will override by Dashboard prompt value.

example O/P:
              Country Amount
              Singapore 10000

Thanks
              Deva