1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 8:44 AM by 984624 RSS

need to restore purged data

Hi All,

DB 11.2.0.2
      EBS R12.1.3
      I have purged " purge obsolete workflow runtime data" with all default values . It deleted records till the day . I know there is no undo for this . But can we do restore of purged data from backup.
      If we can do this , please can you provide the steps how to do.

We have rman backups , with this we are going to refresh clone . I need the steps for restoring the data whichever it purged .

thanks
        • 1. Re: need to restore purged data
          EBSDBA
          Hi,

You could use WFLOAD. Please search forums for the same.
          https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=WFLOAD&objID=c3&dateRange=last90days&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks
          • 2. Re: need to restore purged data
            Hi ,

can you provide the oder of All tables which involoved in purging obsolete workflow data .

thanks

R
            • 3. Re: need to restore purged data
              Is it possible to move table data from one instance to another using FNDLOAD? if so how?

please help me i need this to get the purged data in PROD

thanks
              • 4. Re: need to restore purged data
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                981621 wrote:
                Hi ,

can you provide the oder of All tables which involoved in purging obsolete workflow data .

thanks

R
                What Tables Does the Workflow Purge Obsolete Data Program (FNDWFPR) Touch? [ID 559996.1]

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 5. Re: need to restore purged data
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  981621 wrote:
                  Is it possible to move table data from one instance to another using FNDLOAD? if so how?

please help me i need this to get the purged data in PROD

thanks
                  Only certain data can be migrated using FNDLOAD -- Tips About FNDLOAD [ID 735338.1]

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: need to restore purged data
                    hi hussein, how can i transfer the table data from refreshed instance to prod. Is there any steps/order of tables to load data. I want to transfer selective data , say for eg.,only for a certain item_type in work flow, howcan i do that, please help, i purge workflow data mistakenly thanks
                    • 7. Re: need to restore purged data
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      981621 wrote:
                      hi hussein, how can i transfer the table data from refreshed instance to prod. Is there any steps/order of tables to load data. I want to transfer selective data , say for eg.,only for a certain item_type in work flow, howcan i do that, please help, i purge workflow data mistakenly thanks
                      https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Workflow+AND+WFLOAD&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: need to restore purged data
                        EBSDBA
                        Hi,

I had gone through the workflow documents in

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_08/current/html/docset.html

But could'nt find a way to load the purged data.

I would also suggest you to open a new thread in (You can close this thread)

Workflow

As they might help you in that.

By the way, Purge obsolete workflow, purges only obsolete data. So i do not think you need to worry about it. By the way what parameters did you pass when you ran it?

In addition to Mr.Hussein's reply please see

A Detailed Approach To Purging Oracle Workflow Runtime Data [ID 144806.1]
                        FAQ on Purging Oracle Workflow Data [ID 277124.1]

Thanks
                        • 9. Re: need to restore purged data
                          Hi,

Sometime back we also faced the same issue in our PRODUCTION. We deleted obsolete WF data only to find those are not "obsolete" for our client ;).
                          Oracle support has given some sql scripts to restore them back from backup. Hence i would recommend you to raise an SR and get the sql s from them. We can write the sql but that is not supported in EBS r12 (update data from back-end).
                          • 10. Re: need to restore purged data
                            Hi,

By the way what parameters did you pass when you ran it?

11254136 Purge Obsolete Workflow Normal Normal completion HRSSA, , 0, TEMP, 10-FEB-13 18:04:54 10-FEB-13 18:48:39

what is the impact after above concurrent program. HR people are complaining that they can not see notifications.( i dont know whether those notifications are closed /open)

in this case what can i do , please help
                            • 11. Re: need to restore purged data
                              EBSDBA
                              Hi,

I would suggest you to open SR, As Roy has mentioned.

Thanks
                              • 12. Re: need to restore purged data
                                I logged SR, but they told not possible, only way is to use exp/imp but with this i can not do for specific rows from a table.

if any one has faced this issue before please share solution . i am in high need.

thanks all.
                                • 13. Re: need to restore purged data
                                  Hi,
                                  Has anyone faced this issue, please share solution
                                  • 14. Re: need to restore purged data
                                    Hi ,

i have refreshed instance with RMAN backup , till the time before i started purging . Can anyone provide queries to retreive detailed notifications data which will be end-user readable , so that atleast i can export to excel and provide it to end user .

please share queries.

thanks
                                    1 2 Previous Next