1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 1:25 PM by YodaHart RSS

ORA-06502 when downloading report via BI Publisher

YodaHart
      I'm getting this error when trying to export an interactive or standard report using the BI Publisher report server. It doesn't happen on all reports, but I'm not sure what could be causing the error. The result is an excel file with the message:

<pre>report error:
      ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small</pre>

The standard report has 45 columns and 755 rows. There aren't any errors on the UI when the report is generated.

Has anyone had this problem or know what to do to fix it? I can't recreate the interactive report region on the same page because there are hundreds of saved reports that I can't delete.

APEX 4.1.1.00.23
      Oracle 11g 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

Thanks!

Jonathan Hart
        • 1. Re: ORA-06502 when downloading report via BI Publisher
          YodaHart
          After reading through the trace file from the report generation it looks like the error is caused from binding the sql query to some query or data type within the APEX engine. I double-checked the length of the query and it is longer than 4000 characters. I'm sure some of the interactive report queries are also longer than 4000 with all the filters added in.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Edited by: YodaHart on Feb 13, 2013 11:24 AM