For the first time i am trying to invoke the CREATE_SINGLE_INVOICE API from Oracle Apps Adapter and facing some issues. I am able to generate the Invoice from backend( writing Pl/Sql block) and not able to generate the invoice from SOA Project.
The error message is given below :
Exception occured when binding was invoked. Exception occured during invocation of JCA binding: "JCA Binding execute of Reference operation 'Test' failed due to: Stored procedure invocation error. Error while trying to prepare and execute the APPS.XX_BPEL_TEST.AR_INVOICE_API_PUB$CREATE_SIN API. An error occurred while preparing and executing the APPS.XX_BPEL_TEST.AR_INVOICE_API_PUB$CREATE_SIN API. Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06531: Reference to uninitialized collection ORA-06512: at "APPS.XX_BPEL_TEST", line 879 ORA-06512: at "APPS.XX_BPEL_TEST", line 909 ORA-06512: at line 1 Check to ensure that the API is defined in the database and that the parameters match the signature of the API. This exception is considered not retriable, likely due to a modelling mistake. To classify it as retriable instead add property nonRetriableErrorCodes with value "-6531" to your deployment descriptor (i.e. weblogic-ra.xml). To auto retry a retriable fault set these composite.xml properties for this invoke: jca.retry.interval, jca.retry.count, and jca.retry.backoff. All properties are integers. ". The invoked JCA adapter raised a resource exception. Please examine the above error message carefully to determine a resolution.
Steps I followed :
1. Created a SOA project and using 3 different Apps Adapter tried to invoke APIs like fnd_global.apps_initialization , mo_global.set_policy_context and Create_single_invoice.
2. After assigning the values , deployed the project into the SOA server.
3. At time of testing , getting above mentioned error.
I have used a non-XA Datasource.
My question is why the SOA project is failing to invoke the API, while using same testing value i am able to generate the invoice from backend (writing Pl/sql ).
Please help !!! and please mention if there is any issue in design (my SOA Project) Concept.
In case anyone else come across this thread .... couple of things to watch out for
1. APPS.XX_BPEL..... gets created when binding to the EBS API at design time. Make sure this gets included when deploying to test & prod
2. Not all eBusiness Suite APIS are created equal. We run a number of concurrent jobs from Middleware. Some of which require a user, org id and responsibility and others which are happy to carry on without any of this.
3. Try to use the Apps Adapter where possible. But remember this also does an fnd_global.apps_initialize as part of it's setup. So if you call a customized package that include the initialize function you will get an error returned.