This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 5:30 AM by Erik Janssen RSS

Oracle Portal 11g custom login page

PRISM Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are upgrading from OAS 10g to OFM 11.1.1.6. We use Portal, and our OAS infrastructure with Single Sign-On is on our infrastructure server. When a user attempts to log into www.midtier.com, SSO redirects them to the login page located on www.infrastructure.com/sso/jsp/login.jsp.

In 10g, I created a custom login.php page, which I was able to run from the middle tier server, so they'd be directed to www.midtier.com/login.php. PHP is no longer included with OFM 11g, and I don't want to install it simply for a login page, so how would I do the same with a jsp? I have a customized jsp page sitting on my infrastructure box, but I'd like to deploy it on the middle tier server so the user doesn't see the infrastructure server in their URL.

Can someone tell me where on my middle tier box I can put this jsp where it can be executed? I know next to nothing regarding the process of deploying Java components on the server, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
  • 1. Re: Oracle Portal 11g custom login page
    Erik Janssen Pro
    There are several options to do this :

1. You can use the JSP pages from the SSO server and access them through a reverse proxy. The Web Cache from the Oracle Portal installation can be used for this purpose, see e.g. Note [url https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=399626.1]399626.1, 'How to Configure WebCache as SSL Accelerator Reverse Proxy for SSO in Single Server Architecture?' and Note [url https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=443908.1]443908.1, 'How To Configure Portal And SSO To Use The Same Name, Protocol and Port'. Both where written for AS10g but the same idea can be applied to 11g as well.

Note that SSO provides a login page by default which you can customise according to the instructions in the documentation :

[url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B14099_19/idmanage.1012/b14078/custom.htm#i1015535]12 Creating Deployment-Specific Pages

Oracle® Application Server Single Sign-On Administrator's Guide
    10g Release 2 (10.1.2)
    B14078-02

2. Create a Portal page accessibility without authentication and add the seeded Login portlet.

One note about Oracle Single Sign-On :

Error correction support for Oracle Single Sign-On has ended in December 2012. Should you require premier support for your single sign-on solution, you would need to migrate to Oracle Access Manager.

Thanks,
    EJ
  • 2. Re: Oracle Portal 11g custom login page
    PRISM Newbie
    Thanks, EJ, I'll look into these. I've toyed with the reverse proxy idea before, but have always been scared to try. Too bad there isn't an easy way to simply put a JSP on the middle tier server that can run like it was with PHP in 10g.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points